Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WTF, Your OD is 10/3/21!!!

Well the only positive things are 1) It may be a 2023 MY 2) It may be an Austin made one.

I just donā€™t understand what the hold up is, exterior color, interior color, the tow setup.
One of SAs here in Ohio said the config is pretty rare; and it really depends on when they feel like making them I guess.

Super appreciate the positivity @3YMimi73 lol

I removed my tow package in early June and added FSD (again) in late June. Still holding. Some time in June it went from a 5 week window, down to 4.

EDD: 7/23-8-20

MYLR5, Blue/black, 19", no tow, w/ FSD.

There's also someone who ordered 6 weeks after me (early Dec) that got a VIN 6/24 and received their car in Maui (arrived on Oahu 6/29).
MYLR5, Blue/?, 19", WITH tow, FSD?

Last edited:
Reporting back. Finally took delivery after waiting for six weeks since my failed first delivery. The car Tesla found for me is a different color both inside and out but it happens to even out price wise. Austin build and quality seems pretty good to my untrained eyes.

From my conversations with Tesla I have a suspicion that east coast LR orders may be temporarily delayed due to Tesla ramping up Austin to supply east coast. The sales mentioned that Austin is ramping up but only making blue and black LRs at this time. Not sure how true is that but we did have two blue Austin LRs to choose from to replace our original white exterior configuration. Meanwhile I was told the Austin builds have to be picked up in Austin. We are in Houston and had to beg the manager to make an exception for it to be shipped here. My guess is that if you are within Austinā€™s reign and your car is not blue or black or you are not close by or have a shipping route established from Austin, there may be a delay on delivery while Austin ramps up its other colors and figures out its delivery logistics.

D75920AD-68E0-41E9-B082-BEABE6D42DBE.jpeg

38287487-C812-4E3D-885E-048D61ACA516.jpeg

Reporting back. Finally took delivery after waiting for six weeks since my failed first delivery. The car Tesla found for me is a different color both inside and out but it happens to even out price wise. Austin build and quality seems pretty good to my untrained eyes.

From my conversations with Tesla I have a suspicion that east coast LR orders may be temporarily delayed due to Tesla ramping up Austin to supply east coast. The sales mentioned that Austin is ramping up but only making blue and black LRs at this time. Not sure how true is that but we did have two blue Austin LRs to choose from to replace our original white exterior configuration. Meanwhile I was told the Austin builds have to be picked up in Austin. We are in Houston and had to beg the manager to make an exception for it to be shipped here. My guess is that if you are within Austinā€™s reign and your car is not blue or black or you are not close by or have a shipping route established from Austin, there may be a delay on delivery while Austin ramps up its other colors and figures out its delivery logistics.

View attachment 828038
View attachment 828052
I believe this.

P.S. beautiful car! Congrats!

Reactions: JDEWD250
I pick up my MY LR MSM/black, hitch, gemini tomorrow in Austin (ordered in October). I kind of don't need it and sadly didn't make much of an effort to transfer my reservation. Anyone interested? I'll have to register it (and pay taxes) which could mean 3-4 weeks before I could sell. I was thinking of contacting the usual dealers in my area, but would rather sell private...I think?

Doesn't make sense to me. June 2022 was most number of cars made worldwide by Tesla. June 2022 also end of quarter push. Now employees worked so hard they get a little break. We're in the middle of July and I've seen almost no Model Y VINs in the places I look. Are they retooling? Did they give up making cars? Do they make cars for 3 weeks before assigning VINs? What is going on?

Doesn't make sense to me. June 2022 was most number of cars made worldwide by Tesla. June 2022 also end of quarter push. Now employees worked so hard they get a little break. We're in the middle of July and I've seen almost no Model Y VINs in the places I look. Are they retooling? Did they give up making cars? Do they make cars for 3 weeks before assigning VINs? What is going on?
End of month push is coming. Houston Westheimer lot is bone dry but Iā€™ve seen semis recently with stacks of new Ys. Trust me, Iā€™ve seen the Oracle and she said I would troll the one. Seems tonight her prediction has come true. ;)

End of month push is coming. Houston Westheimer lot is bone dry but Iā€™ve seen semis recently with stacks of new Ys. Trust me, Iā€™ve seen the Oracle and she said I would troll the one. Seems tonight her prediction has come true. ;)
I donā€™t think Tesla has end of month pushes. They just care about total quarterly volumes, not monthly like traditional car dealerships who get compensated for monthly sales.