Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With an October order, switching to MYP should get you a car within a couple weeks.
Adding EAP is an unknown...I've yet to read any reports of it helping.
Adding FSD is accelerating older orders like yours. It is not helping newer order. Seems maybe Sept-Dec orders can be accelerated by FSD but 2022 orders can't.
Are buyers upgrading with FSD (12k) without incurring a base price bump?

Pickup at Decatur Service Ctr in Atlanta yesterday. They said it is one of first they have received from Austin TX (7SAYGDEE4NA005XXX). No issues! Now waiting for a Nema 14-50 adapter.
IMG_1749.jpeg

I just got the txt for scheduling home delivery only, and of course the 3 available dates are during my vacation. So I called Tesla and got the rep to change to delivery center pickup and push the date to when I fly back.

From VIN txt, it seems Tesla takes almost 2 weeks to ship their vehicles from Fremont to East coast.

Are they just hoping that people will eventually cancel their 2021 orders
I don’t know. It’s entirely possible that the same config ordered today could be delivered before the same config ordered a year ago.
If you want to cancel sure, but any other EVs also have a wait. So unless you really need an EV badly, I would think it’s easier to wait.

Tesla is not fulfilling late 2021 orders because they're not worth it. Too little profit. There is no other explanation
My OD was 10/18/21; MYLR, 7 seater, white, Gemini wheels.
Took delivery June 28th for EOQ push. So to say they aren’t delivering 2021 orders isn’t true. Tesla has definitely screwed up the ordering/delivery process. But I don’t think it’s due to not wanting to deliver ‘21 orders, but just a lack of logistical leadership from the top. I just don’t think they have any idea what’s going on honestly.

I don’t know. It’s entirely possible that the same config ordered today could be delivered before the same config ordered a year ago.
If you want to cancel sure, but any other EVs also have a wait. So unless you really need an EV badly, I would think it’s easier to wait.
Of course you’re getting quite a deal price wise if you hold. Lol i was looking at your signature; I had to change mine today because I ran out of space, I had my 17th EDD change today.

Reactions: JDEWD250
My OD was 10/18/21; MYLR, 7 seater, white, Gemini wheels.
Took delivery June 28th for EOQ push. So to say they aren’t delivering 2021 orders isn’t true. Tesla has definitely screwed up the ordering/delivery process. But I don’t think it’s due to not wanting to deliver ‘21 orders, but just a lack of logistical leadership from the top. I just don’t think they have any idea what’s going on honestly.
I don't get how hard it is to implement a working queue system.