Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for your comment.

Actually I am so used to the EDD delay, so much EDD delay that even cannot fit in the signature area already.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I am thinking it would be better if I can get the car next year with tax credits:)
I hear yah! I had to start taking out spaces between the words 🤣
I am actually trying to bank on people delaying for the tax credit as I get nothing here in Canada. Hopefully it will help me get my car.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Here’s a question: let’s just say you would get your car on the same date; would you prefer to have an Austin build or a Fremont build and why?

Keep in mind the Fremont builds are tending to have slightly better QC (shock) but Austin has the cargo cover.

Curious to see what you think!

Reactions: JDEWD250
Here’s a question: let’s just say you would get your car on the same date; would you prefer to have an Austin build or a Fremont build and why?

Keep in mind the Fremont builds are tending to have slightly better QC (shock) but Austin has the cargo cover.

Austin, cargo cover is a big want of mine, and front and rear mega castings.

I believe, but am not sure, that Fremont is still using the old front pieces welded together instead of front mega casting.
If anyone one that has taken delivery of a recent Fremont Y could confirm or deny it would be great!

Also front door trims, I do intend to cover all the wood locking dash and hopefully doors with a sweet cosmic wrap.

Also next to the rear seats carpet of some sort instead of bare plastic, just looks nicer and probably a little quieter, no seat belts bouncing on plastic.

all that being said, since I live about 35 miles from Fremont I doubt that it's going to happen. I can only hope they update the ones coming out of Fremont to have the same goodies as Austin sometime soon! Like before I get mine!

Reactions: MizzleD
Austin, cargo cover is a big want of mine, and front and rear mega castings.

I believe, but am not sure, that Fremont is still using the old front pieces welded together instead of front mega casting.
If anyone one that has taken delivery of a recent Fremont Y could confirm or deny it would be great!

Also front door trims, I do intend to cover all the wood locking dash and hopefully doors with a sweet cosmic wrap.

Also next to the rear seats carpet of some sort instead of bare plastic, just looks nicer and probably a little quieter, no seat belts bouncing on plastic.

all that being said, since I live about 35 miles from Fremont I doubt that it's going to happen. I can only hope they update the ones coming out of Fremont to have the same goodies as Austin sometime soon! Like before I get mine!
I just took delivery of a Fremont build. How would I check that?

I just took delivery of a Fremont build. How would I check that?
I'm not 100% sure, without taking the frunk out to get a peak underneath, depending on your comfort level of taking things apart, possibly looking under the front wheel wells behind the tires to see the structure of the front end.

I have seen a pic somewhere that someone was able get that showed a sticker stating it was a model Y casting, you can tell the difference without the sticker

I need to go check one out myself.

I would probably lean Fremont as they are not in ramp mode with a bunch of new people but I will gladly take either.

I thought it was interesting that the Munro 4680 tear down had some alignment issues with the front relative to how the body met up with the casting. This is slightly different than the 2170 LR's coming out of Texas so who knows how that is coming together with the front casting.

All in all, there is always variation in production and some risk either way. I just want any Model Y!