Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: I’ve been kind of hung up on this lately.

With regard to the storage for sentry mode/dash cam; are you planning to use the USB stick included or will you/do you use a proper SSD like the Samsung T5? I heard the T7 gets too hot. Curious.
I have a 500 GB SanDisk ssd, formatted and ready, like all my other goodies they are collecting dust waiting for my car!

• Funny
Reactions: MizzleD
Question: I’ve been kind of hung up on this lately.

With regard to the storage for sentry mode/dash cam; are you planning to use the USB stick included or will you/do you use a proper SSD like the Samsung T5? I heard the T7 gets too hot. Curious.

Per the recommendations of others, I am using a Samsung Pro Endurance 256gb SDXC inserted in a Sandisk MobileMate USB 3.0. They been running Dashcam and Sentry cam smoothly. I also avoided the tT7 ssd because of the heat issue.

Questions for those we recently got their car: did you guys use Tesla insurance or purchased from outside. I got combined quote for 2 cars (Tesla MYLR and one IC sedan) as 120/month from Progressive. Looks good deal to me but what's your opinion on Tesla insurance ?

Questions for those we recently got their car: did you guys use Tesla insurance or purchased from outside. I got combined quote for 2 cars (Tesla MYLR and one IC sedan) as 120/month from Progressive. Looks good deal to me but what's your opinion on Tesla insurance ?
I got a similar quote from Geico. Tesla is about the Same, but you can get a cheaper rate by being a good driver. We decided we will go with Tesla insurance and then if we don't like the monitoring aspect, switch.

Reactions: SyonShlok
This is interesting. My quote for the MYLR by itself from both geico and Tesla is 140/mth. We have perfect driving records so why so high.

After getting pushed out, I am now starting to wonder if I could change my configuration a few times and get to 2023. Someone please talk me off the ledge.
If you really wanted to try and delay then the best way would be to switch to White (or MSM if it was free when you ordered) and remove tow. Basically create a no-option order. Although it seems like even no-option orders from October should be fulfilled by end of year but we know Tesla likes to trickle out the older (lower profit) orders and a base order from October is a lot less profit for Tesla.

If you really wanted to try and delay then the best way would be to switch to White (or MSM if it was free when you ordered) and remove tow. Basically create a no-option order. Although it seems like even no-option orders from October should be fulfilled by end of year but we know Tesla likes to trickle out the older (lower profit) orders and a base order from October is a lot less profit for Tesla.

I think I am going to leave it alone through Q3. If I miss Q3, I am going to change configs, maybe multiple times and see if I can get to 2023.

Just saw on Bearded Tesla that the Model Ys coming out of Fremont have the updated interior. If this is the case then I’m delighted about the wait time now lol. Hope Austin is the same too; I like the new interior door design vs the one up to this point.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Reactions: JDEWD250
Just saw on Bearded Tesla that the Model Ys coming out of Fremont have the updated interior. If this is the case then I’m delighted about the wait time now lol. Hope Austin is the same too; I like the new interior door design vs the one up to this point.

Your thoughts?
I plan on seeing if the Fremont builds come with front mega casting, I think I’ve seen them in drone flyovers!

Now a parcel shelf from Fremont is my next wish!

And my damn CAR!

Not just the 7s getting Vins, finally received mine this am! Last EDD was 8/12-8/24 so was really expecting push back. Now time to worry about vin being pulled…
On September 17, 2021, I ordered a Pearl White Model Y Long Range from Dublin -San Francisco Bay Area, California- .
The EDD has been moved about 10+ times so far, and it seems that the total wait for my Y will be at least 1 year ;-(
The 3 latest 'updates' of the EDD:
May 1, 2022 > EDD 8: August 11 to September 22 with delivery in Fremont, CA
July 15, 2022 > EDD 9: August 14 to August 19 with delivery in Fremont, CA For the first time, this is a 1-week window. A day later, I also received an inquiry about trade-in, and I thought things were finally moving! But no VIN yet.
On August 10, 2022, three days before the start of my 1-week window, I got a new EDD: August 22 to September 19, 2022. I am now back to the dreaded 3-weeks window !

On September 17, 2021, I ordered a Pearl White Model Y Long Range from Dublin -San Francisco Bay Area, California- .
The EDD has been moved about 10+ times so far, and it seems that the total wait for my Y will be at least 1 year ;-(
The 3 latest 'updates' of the EDD:
May 1, 2022 > EDD 8: August 11 to September 22 with delivery in Fremont, CA
July 15, 2022 > EDD 9: August 14 to August 19 with delivery in Fremont, CA For the first time, this is a 1-week window. A day later, I also received an inquiry about trade-in, and I thought things were finally moving! But no VIN yet.
On August 10, 2022, three days before the start of my 1-week window, I got a new EDD: August 22 to September 19, 2022. I am now back to the dreaded 3-weeks window !
Yeah sounds about right; I’ve had 18 EDD changes; I don’t know your full config but I think white is about to go back into production finally. I think they out white on hold for a long time to get other colors that were major backlogged out there. I’m 9/7 to 10/12 currently; but I’ve seen EDDs from February 2022 all the way to end of November 2022. We’re almost there!

Yeah sounds about right; I’ve had 18 EDD changes; I don’t know your full config but I think white is about to go back into production finally. I think they out white on hold for a long time to get other colors that were major backlogged out there. I’m 9/7 to 10/12 currently; but I’ve seen EDDs from February 2022 all the way to end of November 2022. We’re almost there!
I hope you are right!

Reactions: MizzleD

Your thoughts?

Love the Bearded Tesla Guy! Who do you all like to follow for Tesla Youtubers? My list is:

Tesla Daily (Rob M)
Electrified (Dillon L)
Bearded Tesla Guy
Munro Live
The Limiting Factor
Five Years Ahead (small channel but goes deep into the HVAC)
Tailosive EV

A few others occasionally but the above this are my favorites. Any great ones I am missing?

Love the Bearded Tesla Guy! Who do you all like to follow for Tesla Youtubers? My list is:

Tesla Daily (Rob M)
Electrified (Dillon L)
Bearded Tesla Guy
Munro Live
The Limiting Factor
Five Years Ahead (small channel but goes deep into the HVAC)
Tailosive EV

A few others occasionally but the above this are my favorites. Any great ones I am missing?
I also watch:
Transport Evolved (EV general but they do have a Tesla specific episodes)
Now you Know
Dr Know-It-All
Gjeebs
DaxM
Dirty Tesla
Out of Spec Motoring
Mother Frunker
Bjorn
All Electric Family
Lockett Tech
Because Tesla
SaraJAwesome
Northern Tesla
Tall Tesla Guy
Tailosive EV Podcast (I see you have his main channel on your list but not sure if you watch also that one)

Just to name a few I can remember :)

Reactions: ope_sorry