Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the Bearded Tesla Guy! Who do you all like to follow for Tesla Youtubers? My list is:

Tesla Daily (Rob M)
Electrified (Dillon L)
Bearded Tesla Guy
Munro Live
The Limiting Factor
Five Years Ahead (small channel but goes deep into the HVAC)
Tailosive EV

A few others occasionally but the above this are my favorites. Any great ones I am missing?
I watch Bearded Tesla, Just Frugal Me, Andy Slye (sometimes…), Gjeebs, Everyday Chris, Tailosive, and The Electric Man.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Is there a list of must-have accessories that you all are using?

VERKOKAPPA Tesla Carplay Android Auto Model Y/3 Tesla Heads Up Display Tesla AMD Ryzen/Intel Performance Tesla HUD Power Speed Display 9 Inch HD Resolution IPS Touch Screen https://a.co/d/5UzoMjB

There’s an additional coupon on VERKOKAPPA website to get discount on this Amazon listing.

I also just finished installing a full front DIY PPF kit on my Model Y. It takes skill and persistence but is achievable. Precut PPF store offers the newest Suntek Reaction film which I chose.

Attachments

• 0547FABD-1474-4E22-990D-49CDB2D004DD.jpeg
    0547FABD-1474-4E22-990D-49CDB2D004DD.jpeg
    415.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 76FF0D7E-5A72-4E96-BF55-3E32C0211875.jpeg
    76FF0D7E-5A72-4E96-BF55-3E32C0211875.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 3177D6AF-5267-4FA5-8A71-63954904BB6F.jpeg
    3177D6AF-5267-4FA5-8A71-63954904BB6F.jpeg
    437.1 KB · Views: 44
I bought most of these accessories on sale during Amazon Prime Day. Also, I installed a glossy glass screen protector but most prefer the matte.

T TGBROS Cargo Liner for Tesla Model Y 2020-2022 Frunk Mat & Rear Storage Mat(5 Seater Only) All Weather Odourless 3pcs https://a.co/d/3t7JbHx

Cup Holder for Tesla 2022 2021 Model 3 & Model Y - Gen 2 Center Console Cup Holder Insert https://a.co/d/4VLjRpU

Center Console Organizer Tray for 2021/2022 Tesla Model 3 or Model Y, 3 Pack Tray Hidden Cubby Drawer Storage Amazon.com: Center Console Organizer Tray for 2021/2022 Tesla Model 3 or Model Y, 3 Pack Tray Hidden Cubby Drawer Storage Box for Glasses,Credit Cards,Coin and Other Items : Automotive

Nestour Tesla 2016-2021 2022 Model 3 Model Y Foot Pedal Pad Replacement, Auto Aluminum Pedal Covers (Set of 2) https://a.co/d/c4RN46U

TESBEAUTY Tesla Model Y Roof Sunshade Sunroof Shade for Tesla Model Y Glass Roof Amazon.com: TESBEAUTY Tesla Model Y Roof Sunshade Sunroof Shade for Tesla Model Y Glass Roof Sun Shade Sun Protection Summer Use : Automotive

Attachments

• 4F172E09-5904-4CF4-8CFF-20E7182A489B.png
    4F172E09-5904-4CF4-8CFF-20E7182A489B.png
    639.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 1E0D62B3-3E0E-484E-AA26-F0D9DCD1EBE6.png
    1E0D62B3-3E0E-484E-AA26-F0D9DCD1EBE6.png
    578.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 6A9FA327-03CD-4789-90BA-1C6182FFA728.png
    6A9FA327-03CD-4789-90BA-1C6182FFA728.png
    721.4 KB · Views: 34
  • FE3B3474-279C-4DA1-BAF9-8B018CF0A426.png
    FE3B3474-279C-4DA1-BAF9-8B018CF0A426.png
    661.9 KB · Views: 34
  • 8A4F266D-DD92-4735-908D-64536EA7831C.jpeg
    8A4F266D-DD92-4735-908D-64536EA7831C.jpeg
    206.5 KB · Views: 37
I also watch:
Transport Evolved (EV general but they do have a Tesla specific episodes)
Now you Know
Dr Know-It-All
Gjeebs
DaxM
Dirty Tesla
Out of Spec Motoring
Mother Frunker
Bjorn
All Electric Family
Lockett Tech
Because Tesla
SaraJAwesome
Northern Tesla
Tall Tesla Guy
Tailosive EV Podcast (I see you have his main channel on your list but not sure if you watch also that one)

Just to name a few I can remember :)

Never heard of a few of those. I am going to have to check out Tall Tesla Guy. I also watched "SaskTesla" to gauge cold weather performance. He hasn't posted in a while but had some good videos for that.

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat
Is there a list of must-have accessories that you all are using?
Mine is just a compilation of things I found by searching YouTube for accessories. If they are actually needed I won’t know till I get my car. 😂

This is what I have so far:

3DMaxpider floor mats - Teslerati
(These seem to be the most used floor mats on YouTube, definitely a splurge for me!)

Rear Seat Storage Organizer - Teslerati
(Fits between the driver and passenger on the floor in the 2nd row. I am going to use to store stuff for the kids)

Under seat storage trays - Teslerati
(To go under the driver and passenger seats for additional storage.)

Rear under seat vent covers - Jowua
(A must! The vents under the driver and passenger are wide open. Lots of stories of people losing stuff in them)

Matte screen protector - Jowua
(This one I wasn’t sure about, it was toss up between a couple. I was already ordering a bunch from Jowua and had a discount code from Drive Tesla Canada)

Centre console cup holder - Jowua
(I over searched on this one, lol. I specifically wanted one that had some what of a lip that went over the edge of the cup holder. This is the best one I could find)

480° Rotation Car Mount with Wireless Charging - Jowua
(I deliberated on what car mount to get and still not sure I got the right one, won’t know till I use it in the car. My criteria I was thinking I need was:
-Needs to be able to go in landscape and portrait
-easy to remove and reapply
-fit any phone
-easily support charging)

Tesla NEMA adapters bundle - Tesla
(I plan on visiting my family and wanted to be prepared with options. Also initially I am going to use the 6-50 outlet till my wall charger can be installed)

Tesla tire pressure kit - Tesla
(This was bought on a whim but was highly recommend)

Wall charger - Tesla
(Was going to wait to get but with all the delays I purchased. It still needs to be installed so waiting on that.)

Front and rear emblems - Emblemsonly
(They have a Etsy and website to order from, I went to Etsy just for ease of use. I am plastidipping them to replace after PPF install)

Space X logo - Abstract Ocean
(Going to replace my dual motor logo with this after PPF)

Bronze Gold HyperDip Aerosol - DipOutlet
(DipOutlet is the Canadian distributor, Dip your car is the US maker. Going to spray the emblems and aero covers)

To be purchased still:

Matte PPF - installed at local shop
(My current vehicle is absolutely destroyed with chips. So even if I can save some of them I will be happy. There is a debate all the time if it is necessary, maybe not for most but for my lifestyle and needs it is. Also the shop I will use has gift cards. So since December I have been buying one when I get extra money. I have over half paid for at this point.)

Back of seat organizers - ?Amazon
(Need it for the kids, not sure which one to get)

CCS adapter - Korea Tesla
(I want to make sure I have CCS compatible port before I order one)

Armrest Organizer - ?Jowua or Abstract Ocean

Console Organizer - ?Jowua or Abstract Ocean

3 port usb dash cam hub - abstract ocean

Wireless controller - Jowua

SSD for sentry mode - ?amazon

EV compatible extension cord - EVESEadapters
(To use at campgrounds and at family houses on trips)

Frunk cooler or luggage - not sure
(Not sure if I want just luggage that can fit or one that is also a cooler so I can put groceries in there. Haven’t decided what the frunk is going to be used for.)

Detailing supplies - ?TesBros
(Need to research this more)

Car cover - Abstract Ocean
(Might get this to use instead of individual window covers for car camping)

Never heard of a few of those. I am going to have to check out Tall Tesla Guy. I also watched "SaskTesla" to gauge cold weather performance. He hasn't posted in a while but had some good videos for that.
Oh yah SaskTesla! Forgot about his videos. He does have some great ones about the cold.
In fact he is one of the main reason I figured I could pull off a Tesla in Saskatchewan winter. 😊

Reactions: ope_sorry
Mine is just a compilation of things I found by searching YouTube for accessories. If they are actually needed I won’t know till I get my car. 😂

This is what I have so far:

Rear under seat vent covers - Jowua
(A must! The vents under the driver and passenger are wide open. Lots of stories of people losing stuff in them)

Centre console cup holder - Jowua
(I over searched on this one, lol. I specifically wanted one that had some what of a lip that went over the edge of the cup holder. This is the best one I could find)

480° Rotation Car Mount with Wireless Charging - Jowua
(I deliberated on what car mount to get and still not sure I got the right one, won’t know till I use it in the car. My criteria I was thinking I need was:
-Needs to be able to go in landscape and portrait
-easy to remove and reapply
-fit any phone
-easily support charging)

To be purchased still:
Armrest Organizer - ?Jowua or Abstract Ocean

Console Organizer - ?Jowua or Abstract Ocean
If you're looking for feedback, - I'd 100% skip the phone mount. It seems like a great idea, until you see that it covers vehicle speed on the display and (personal opinion of course) looks silly. Had it mounted for a few days then promptly took it off and have learned to live without my phone being mounted/accessible.

The other Jowua items I'd definitely get, the vent covers are probably $.50 worth of material (velcro and some mesh) but they do the job, are quite unobtrusive.

My advice is get the bare minimum accessories and live with the car for a month or two before ordering a bunch fo stuff. Wish I'd have taken that approach and advice from others here. Floor/trunk mats and the center console organizers are the minimum imo, everything else comes down to personal preference.

Reactions: MizzleD
If you're looking for feedback, - I'd 100% skip the phone mount. It seems like a great idea, until you see that it covers vehicle speed on the display and (personal opinion of course) ooks silly. Had it mounted for a few days then promptly took it off and have learned to live without my phone being mounted/accessible.

The other Jowua items I'd definitely get, the vent covers are probably $.50 worth of material (velcro and some mesh) but they do the job, are quite unobtrusive.
It is possible I won’t like the phone mount but I do like to use waze so was hoping it would like it for that. From the reviews of the 480 if you swing it above the screen, in landscape, it doesn’t seem to block much.

And yah the vents are quite simple but they look like they will do the trick.

Reactions: Corndart
If you're looking for feedback, - I'd 100% skip the phone mount. It seems like a great idea, until you see that it covers vehicle speed on the display and (personal opinion of course) looks silly. Had it mounted for a few days then promptly took it off and have learned to live without my phone being mounted/accessible.

My advice is get the bare minimum accessories and live with the car for a month or two before ordering a bunch fo stuff. Wish I'd have taken that approach and advice from others here. Floor/trunk mats and the center console organizers are the minimum imo, everything else comes down to personal preference.
Yeah I agree; I’ve seen so many “top 30 must have accessories” videos…. Craziness. I just got the (what I think) are minimum requirements; the mats, matte screen protector, cable organizer, the center console trays, a cup holder insert, i did get the Tesla pet cover because we have two dogs, the 14-50 NEMA adapter, jackpads, and those matte block logo covers bc I don’t like or understand why they chrome deleted but still have chrome logos. Haha.

Reactions: Corndart
Yeah I agree; I’ve seen so many “top 30 must have accessories” videos…. Craziness. I just got the (what I think) are minimum requirements; the mats, matte screen protector, cable organizer, the center console trays, a cup holder insert, i did get the Tesla pet cover because we have two dogs, the 14-50 NEMA adapter, jackpads, and those matte block logo covers bc I don’t like or understand why they chrome deleted but still have chrome logos. Haha.
What's the 14-50 adapter for?