Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are you using Plaid for payment? or carrying the certified check with you?
I'm not who you asked, but I'm picking up next week and using a check. I've heard too many stories of people paying in full and some shipping or parts issue means they are stuck paying for a nonexistent car for a few weeks. I will pay them after I have seen my car.

Also, pro tip, try to pick the latest of the three pickup day options they give you so that shipping delays are less likely to move your date.

I'm not who you asked, but I'm picking up next week and using a check. I've heard too many stories of people paying in full and some shipping or parts issue means they are stuck paying for a nonexistent car for a few weeks. I will pay them after I have seen my car.

Also, pro tip, try to pick the latest of the three pickup day options they give you so that shipping delays are less likely to move your date.
I am also planning to take the cashiers check... do we need to update anything in the app.. it keeps saying to pay from the app...

Just got a text message at 11:05am EST, my “Model Y has just departed the factory and is in transit to your delivery center”.

!!!
Congratulations!! I gotta admit, I'm happy for you and jealous :)

EDD Sept 17 - Oct 22. If it gets pushed to Nov or Dec I"m gonna do what I can for a January date. But I feel semi confident based off everyone elses movement, it will happen in October.

One again congrats on your near term delivery!!!

Have you been able to schedule your delivery yet?
Not yet; when I got the VIN I actually called the delivery center to unlock my account so I could do the financing part. They told me it’s usually 2 weeks from VIN to delivery and I’d probably get to schedule in about a week.

We’ll see.

Also, to another previous post (@anapon): haven’t decided if I’ll ACH or cashier check the amount due. I like the convenience of one and the safety of the other lol

For those of us getting the car soon, are you excited that we should get the new door trim AND a bonus… the matrix LED headlights?

P.S. yeah they can keep the chrome plate cover I’m good lol.

For those of us getting the car soon, are you excited that we should get the new door trim AND a bonus… the matrix LED headlights?

P.S. yeah they can keep the chrome plate cover I’m good lol.
Now everyone is going to want a Fremont Y.....

Not yet; when I got the VIN I actually called the delivery center to unlock my account so I could do the financing part. They told me it’s usually 2 weeks from VIN to delivery and I’d probably get to schedule in about a week.

We’ll see.

Also, to another previous post (@anapon): haven’t decided if I’ll ACH or cashier check the amount due. I like the convenience of one and the safety of the other lol
when check my account, it says 'please pay off your balance prior to delivery'... i guess i can bring the check during the pickup.

its confusing... i called the delivery center and they told me ignore that and bring the check in person

did you receive any communication from Tesla after you received the VIN. I didn't receive anything... probably Austin built will not receive that 'Model y departed factory' message?
I received a text from my delivery center about 8h after receiving my VIN with a link to click to schedule my delivery time. That link took me to the Tesla site and I had a choice of three dates and several times on each. I'm assuming my car is already built if it is set to arrive in MN this weekend from Austin.

We’ll see.

Gotchya. I want to remove FSD before switching from cash to financing so I'd like to know my car is en route before doing that.
I'm still convinced adding the feature got me my car this quickly btw. Was looking at Oct - Dec otherwise.

Gotchya. I want to remove FSD before switching from cash to financing so I'd like to know my car is en route before doing that.
I'm still convinced adding the feature got me my car this quickly btw. Was looking at Oct - Dec otherwise.
please let me know if you hear anything from th SA... i sent a text and never heard back from them... i guess, we will get a call once the car arrives here at the delivery center.