Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of us getting the car soon, are you excited that we should get the new door trim AND a bonus… the matrix LED headlights?

P.S. yeah they can keep the chrome plate cover I’m good lol.
I have my own already, I do not want shiny 💩on my vehicle.

Just waiting to put it on.

E04790BD-3D75-499B-8134-AF3F017E4C02.jpeg

Hoping this is not true and that it doesn’t apply to anyone in here; not in the mood to deal with this lol.

To be clear I scheduled my delivery date but I have not heard about this before.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Hoping this is not true and that it doesn’t apply to anyone in here; not in the mood to deal with this lol.

To be clear I scheduled my delivery date but I have not heard about this before.

There are already reports on some threads where people have received the $200 code.

My best guess is that Tesla is depleting their stock of the MC with single adapter and now only packaging MCs with the two adapters (standard and 14-50). So now for people who are still promised the MC (order date before April 29th) they are just giving the coupon. Which is nice as some may not want the MC and can use the $200 towards TWC instead.

My issue is I already purchased 14-50 adapter expecting my March order to get MC and the single adapter. Now if I get promo code instead I'll have wasted $$ on the 14-50 as the new MC kits come with it. Oh well.

VIN received today. About 11 months after I ordered, 10 months after I completed the questionnaire.

I also heard about another New Mexican who received a VIN this week. She is in the SE of the state and will presumably pick up the car in El Paso, while I presume my car will go through Denver/Colorado Springs

This is an LR, made in Austin

Last edited:
There are already reports on some threads where people have received the $200 code.

My best guess is that Tesla is depleting their stock of the MC with single adapter and now only packaging MCs with the two adapters (standard and 14-50). So now for people who are still promised the MC (order date before April 29th) they are just giving the coupon. Which is nice as some may not want the MC and can use the $200 towards TWC instead.

My issue is I already purchased 14-50 adapter expecting my March order to get MC and the single adapter. Now if I get promo code instead I'll have wasted $$ on the 14-50 as the new MC kits come with it. Oh well.
I'm in the same boat. I will now have three 14-50 adapters because I bought two so I could leave one plugged into my garage and gave another for travel. I got the email from Tesla about the free $200 and I ordered a mobile connector kit today. I'm picking up Tuesday, so I probably won't have it in time. I'm a little upset that us old orders won't be getting the mobile kit automatically, like was originally communicated.

I'm in the same boat. I will now have three 14-50 adapters because I bought two so I could leave one plugged into my garage and gave another for travel. I got the email from Tesla about the free $200 and I ordered a mobile connector kit today. I'm picking up Tuesday, so I probably won't have it in time. I'm a little upset that us old orders won't be getting the mobile kit automatically, like was originally communicated.
What??? That's not what I thought either. So you're saying when I pick the car up in a couple days that it won't have the mobile connector kit with the car?

Just put the extra 14-50 adapters up for sale on Craigslist or eBay.

They used to be included when I bought my Model 3 in 2019, but now are not. You'll find plenty of Tesla owners who want that particular adapter, and will probably pay 80%+ of new price.

Cheers.
A2be

What??? That's not what I thought either. So you're saying when I pick the car up in a couple days that it won't have the mobile connector kit with the car?
I suspect it will come with it, since you ordered 280+ days ago.

Here's what I did. Wrote my Tesla rep at the local pickup point via text msg--a couple of days ago--and just asked about "what kind of charger cord comes standard with my car", answered with "the 110 volt bundle with a J1772 adapter" and said it would fit all the adapters at `Gen 2 NEMA Adapters`

I pick my Model Y LR today, so we'll see if what he told me is the actual "what they do." (I ordered Oct 2021)

I suspect it will come with it, since you ordered 280+ days ago.

Here's what I did. Wrote my Tesla rep at the local pickup point via text msg--a couple of days ago--and just asked about "what kind of charger cord comes standard with my car", answered with "the 110 volt bundle with a J1772 adapter" and said it would fit all the adapters at `Gen 2 NEMA Adapters`

I pick my Model Y LR today, so we'll see if what he told me is the actual "what they do." (I ordered Oct 2021)
Please let us know everyone what you get with the car. My SA here said they won’t know what I get until the car arrives. Curious.

I haven’t received any emails yet; i really want the connector on day one.

Regarding option to have car delivered to home --

This may be stale information, but added since Tesla changes policies often ...
If delivery center is more than 225 miles away, delivery to home is available for $750

---
I thought about it ... and declined.
At $1/mile for us (375 miles each way), it was expensive.
And it gnawed at me that I really should inspect the car before taking delivery

Last edited:
Tesla sent me an email saying I have $200 to spend towards the EVSE of my choice. I tried to redeem, but at the moment unsuccessful.

View attachment 843044
If you scroll down in that email, you should see a promotion code. Copy that code and then paste it in when you do checkout in the Tesla store. Put it in the promotional code field. Once I did that, my order balance went to $0 for the mobile connector kit.