Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What has everyone's experience been once they get a VIN? Right now I am impatiently waiting for the ability to schedule my pickup. I have a date range of next week and it says "check back later" to schedule pickup. I have seen others post about getting updates on it being built or leaving the factory. I am curious if the app tells you this or a SA. Also, when do get contacted by a SA? I have yet to get one. Emails to the nearest delivery center (Rogers, MN) so far have been ignored. Just looking to understand what I can expect next.
I received a text from my delivery center about delivery scheduling about 8 hours after getting my VIN. It is up to each delivery center to handle the communication about delivery. The Maplewood one has been very good so far. They have sent me an email, a few texts, and an automated phone call to set delivery expectations. They also responded to my email questions previously. I'm sorry the Rogers location isn't as good. Hopefully you can get in touch with someone there.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Yes.

My memory is foggy on the details. I vaguely remember 8/15 applying to manufacture date but I am not certain. It may have been date that VIN was given.
According to this it is based on manufacture date being before 8/15. After that date, you just get a coupon for all orders placed before April 29, 2022. Unfortunately, I think mine was built one day too late.

• Helpful
Reactions: SageBrush
I received a text from my delivery center about delivery scheduling about 8 hours after getting my VIN. It is up to each delivery center to handle the communication about delivery. The Maplewood one has been very good so far. They have sent me an email, a few texts, and an automated phone call to set delivery expectations. They also responded to my email questions previously. I'm sorry the Rogers location isn't as good. Hopefully you can get in touch with someone there.

I did get a reply to my email today. It sounds like I was still scheduled for pickup in Eden Prairie but they can switch it to Rogers and get me a SA assigned. Rogers location didn't exist when I ordered but is much closer for me. It's good to get a response and finally know what location I am aiming for.

Last edited:
What has everyone's experience been once they get a VIN? Right now I am impatiently waiting for the ability to schedule my pickup. I have a date range of next week and it says "check back later" to schedule pickup. I have seen others post about getting updates on it being built or leaving the factory. I am curious if the app tells you this or a SA. Also, when do get contacted by a SA? I have yet to get one. Emails to the nearest delivery center (Rogers, MN) so far have been ignored. Just looking to understand what I can expect next.
I had to patiently wait 4 days before app showed dates for delivery appointment. Those 4 days I probably checked the app as much as the last 10 months!

According to this it is based on manufacture date being before 8/15. After that date, you just get a coupon for all orders placed before April 29, 2022. Unfortunately, I think mine was built one day too late.

I received VIN notification on Saturday, Aug 20th, and had the option to pick up the car on Monday, Aug 22th in Colorado Springs. I think this means that the car was already at the delivery center by the time the VIN notification is sent. I don't know how to find the manufacture date before I have physical access to the car but since I was offered a coupon instead of the EVSE, it implies that in no more than 5 days the car went from completion of manufacturing to Colorado Springs.

Impressive, if correct.

As may be obvious, I don't care whether I get an EVSE or a coupon. I'm just curious about the logistics.

dont add fsd.. you should get it soon... its not worth 12k just for another 2 weeks of wait...:)
I have had a two week window since the end of July. And each time I am pushed out a week. My current car is almost 320,000km and has a check engine light come on today. I need to have the new car before winter.

FSD for me is $10,600

I have had a two week window since the end of July. And each time I am pushed out a week. My current car is almost 320,000km and has a check engine light come on today. I need to have the new car before winter.

FSD for me is $10,600
And after reviewing FSD information I believe you can remove it from your order later if you decide that you don't like what you see. That's the way it was for me. No Guarantees for you but I'd say 90% chance that will still be the case.

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat
how good it is? did you check others? i will also order the same one?
I don't have the car yet so I haven't opened it. I believe I watched a couple of Youtube Videos of people who have it and they like it. I went with the matte to hide the glare and fingerprints. I ordered the same brand for my phone and I like it so I think it'll be okay. Kinda spendy though but probably worth it to keep the screen safe.

Reactions: anapon
I don't have the car yet so I haven't opened it. I believe I watched a couple of Youtube Videos of people who have it and they like it. I went with the matte to hide the glare and fingerprints. I ordered the same brand for my phone and I like it so I think it'll be okay. Kinda spendy though but probably worth it to keep the screen safe.
ordered it.. thanks.. dont have the car yet.. coming on 29th.

What screen protectors are you all getting? Overwhelmed by the options. TIA!
I got the matte version.

Reactions: idocnj