Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, ordered the Model Y LR on Oct. 17, 2021. Completed everything with the assistance of the Tesla rep in the showroom at the Domain in Austin, TX. I ordered the plain jane, no frills, no additions. Original EDD was June/July 22. As you can see from my signature, the EDD span/lies. Now, updated to just just Dec. 2022. Straight....bullshit.

That is so crappy- sorry you are getting pushed out. I would say embrace it at this point and as you get close, change your config. and see if you can get into 2023- it could save you $7500. I was starting to convince myself this would be a good thing a few weeks ago and then got a VIN. Best of luck- hang in there.

A couple of random thoughts now that I’m 6 days into MY ownership.

I’m not sure why every review and reviewer complains that the car is loud. It’s really quiet, on back roads and highways.

I’m not sure why they say it rides hard; I think it’s so smooth and luxurious. I guess when you hit a bump you feel it but I don’t think it’s any worse than any other car I’ve driven.

One pedal driving is my new way of life. Took me about 100/150 miles to get really used to it and comfortable (my safety scores dropped on day 2 as I was so new-car worried, one pedal driving newbie, and range anxietied out … that’s all gone now. 4 straight days of 100 driver score (92 on my worst day).

I used to work for a major car rental company; I’ve owned a 2000VW Jetta, 2006 bmw 330ci, 2009 Honda Accord, 2010 MB c300, and a 2017 BMW X1; this is the most fun and best car i’ve ever driven.

The high beams shut off automatically when another car is oncoming; and the headlights are SO beautiful.

(Free) Autopilot is a freaky thing; until you get comfortable with it and trust… it’s awesome.

I have 250-something miles on the car (got it with 4) and it’s cost me roughly $8 to charge it so far.

I love using the frunk!

More to come I’m sure; to those waiting, just hang in there and be patient. It’s worth it. You’ll enjoy it so much.

I’m not sure why every review and reviewer complains that the car is loud. It’s really quiet, on back roads and highways.

I’m not sure why they say it rides hard; I think it’s so smooth and luxurious. I guess when you hit a bump you feel it but I don’t think it’s any worse than any other car I’ve driven.

One pedal driving is my new way of life. Took me about 100/150 miles to get really used to it and comfortable (my safety scores dropped on day 2 as I was so new-car worried, one pedal driving newbie, and range anxietied out … that’s all gone now. 4 straight days of 100 driver score (92 on my worst day).

I used to work for a major car rental company; I’ve owned a 2000VW Jetta, 2006 bmw 330ci, 2009 Honda Accord, 2010 MB c300, and a 2017 BMW X1; this is the most fun and best car i’ve ever driven.

The high beams shut off automatically when another car is oncoming; and the headlights are SO beautiful.

(Free) Autopilot is a freaky thing; until you get comfortable with it and trust… it’s awesome.

I have 250-something miles on the car (got it with 4) and it’s cost me roughly $8 to charge it so far.

I love using the frunk!

More to come I’m sure; to those waiting, just hang in there and be patient. It’s worth it. You’ll enjoy it so much.
Oh that is awesome! Happy to see the car is all you expected.

I can’t wait for my car!!!

Reactions: MizzleD

I love using the frunk!

I think the ride complaints are because Tesla changed the suspension in both LR and P compared to what it was a year ago. Now they are both softer...I've read people that have a new MYP that rides smoother than their older LR. So that complaint is probably a thing of the past.

Cross posted to 7 seater

Update!!!
So I asked Tesla to reset my financing and apply for a loan cause interest rates may be going up here in Canada.

As I was going through I see I have a “view” button by MVPA…that hasn’t been there before.

Guess what??!!! It has a vin!!!!

F542xxx
No vin in the app just in MVPA on the website
That’s great, now you can check the app every hour or so looking for that appointment step! 😀

I love using the frunk!

People whine and complain because they want attention, or if they happen to be an “influencer” its just click bait.

It’s pathetic.

If you don’t like the vehicle buy something else and quit ur butchin’!

So...my wife is looking at my Tesla app on my phone and says to me, "hey, you have some steps to complete before delivery". I pause and ask if she sees a VIN in the app...and OMG!!!! there it is!

336 days since I ordered (10/1/21) and I finally have a VIN! (Austin build)

So, question time...
1. it's asking for insurance...is it just my current insurance for my current vehicle or do I need to get new insurance for the Tesla and submit that?

2. I am planning to get an auto loan through my credit union, but how do I handle that in the app? Or is that a "call Tesla" situation.

3. Is there anything else I should be doing ahead of time that you can think of?

So...my wife is looking at my Tesla app on my phone and says to me, "hey, you have some steps to complete before delivery". I pause and ask if she sees a VIN in the app...and OMG!!!! there it is!

So, question time...
1. it's asking for insurance...is it just my current insurance for my current vehicle or do I need to get new insurance for the Tesla and submit that?

2. I am planning to get an auto loan through my credit union, but how do I handle that in the app? Or is that a "call Tesla" situation.

3. Is there anything else I should be doing ahead of time that you can think of?
For me, there are a couple of YouTube channels that I watched that really help acclimate you to the car.

Andy Slye and Everyday Chris have great videos about how to set up your profile and settings. But yeah I agree, make sure you have the accessories you want. I made sure to have the 3d maxpiders, center console organizer, matte screen protector, and a cup holder insert, and the Tesla pet cover for the dogs. Also, if you’re charging at home make on a 14-50 make sure you have the connector!

Also, get a set of jack pads in case you ever need to have someone change a tire or do a rotation; a car jack without them will ruin the battery.

MYLR: White/White/7seat/tow/gemini/FSD OD: 9/28, modified 10/1 adding tow EDD: Mar/Apr -> Feb/Mar -> Mar/Apr -> June -> Mar/Apr (12/17) -> Feb/Mar (12/25) -> June (1/5) -> Feb27/Mar27 (1/15) -> Apr12/May10 (2/4) -> June (3/10) -> July30/Aug27 (3/12) -> May19/Jun30 (3/22) -> Apr29/Jun3 (3/29) -> May8/Jun5 (4/11) -> May13/May27 (4/25) -> May31/Jun28 (5/8) -> June (5/23), added FSD (6/15) -> BLANK (6/30) -> TBD (7/8) -> Aug29/Sep1 (8/26) -> Sep2 Delivered!!!

F530xxx Matrix lights/No charger (coupon granted), body straight, couple of spots in headliner need to have mobile service deal with.

Attachments

• IMG_1842.PNG
    IMG_1842.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • Tesla-delivery.jpg
    Tesla-delivery.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 71

So, question time...

Just picked up last Saturday they just need insurance in your name not for the car. When you get the text you have a vin text back you are getting outside finance they will ask the bank or credit unions name you will be using they will set that up in your profile

So, after all my ranting about my Oct 2021 order and EDD pushbacks, I caved in an did what you guys all said and added FSD on Monday, got a VIN on Tuesday and today (Wednesday) got the schedule delivery email for this week (which now is too soon because my Bank loan expired on Monday and I have to reapply).

But wow, excited. F53!!!!

MYLR5 | MSM | Black | Gemini | +Tow | no FSD

10/26/21 > Ordered- EDD May 2022
5/10 > EDD: 7/13-8/24
6/23 > EDD: 8/14-9/25
8/1 > EDD: 9/4-10/9 4 week window
8/8 > EDD: 8/29-9/26 4 week window
8/14 > EDD: 8/14-8/28 2 week window
8/15 > EDD: 8/27-9/10 2 week window
8/17/22 trade-in inquiry SMS
8/28/22 > EDD: 9/12-10/10
8/29/22 > Added FSD
8/30/22 > VIN! F535, Removed FSD
8/31/22 > Schedule delivery email
So she arrived today 9/2/22 - 3 days early thanks to me having a cashiers check in hand.

I used a check because I was totally expecting quality issues - but she’s perfect. Panel gaps all good. No marks. Can’t believe it. Magical!! Worth the 10.5 month wait.

New door trim + matrix lights.
No charger but they said they will send me one - not a worry for me bc already have a model 3.

Now, off to get Opticoat Pro Plus protection.

Attachments

• BB752343-D698-4B96-B0A4-56549E831712.jpeg
    BB752343-D698-4B96-B0A4-56549E831712.jpeg
    801.7 KB · Views: 71