Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So today is delivery day….I have no idea what to expect and it feels like Christmas as a kid. 😊

The drive is about 3 1/2 hours and we haven’t told the kids we are taking delivery. So here is the only safe place to post my excitement. Cause it will definitely get back to the kids if I post anywhere else lol.
We will surprise them when we go pick them up from their after school activities. 🥰

Thought about doing multiple times but I am kind of hesitant. You know how Tesla is , they change things overnight and I am worried if I am not able to remove it. Not a big fan of FSD. Have it on my X.
Thank you.
I was too.. but then after have 2 x 2 week EDDs changed back to a 4 week EDD and I lost all hope.. Discussed adding FSD with my SA and they said it would not make any difference (said Tesla plugged that loop hole), but I caved in and added it any way, and literally had a VIN the next morning... and car end of the week... had no trouble removing it (via the web portal via simple click)

I was too.. but then after have 2 x 2 week EDDs changed back to a 4 week EDD and I lost all hope.. Discussed adding FSD with my SA and they said it would not make any difference (said Tesla plugged that loop hole), but I caved in and added it any way, and literally had a VIN the next morning... and car end of the week... had no trouble removing it (via the web portal via simple click)
Ugh... I'm very tempted to do it but knowing my luck I'll get screwed somehow. I'm at my wit's end with this waiting and these delays.

So we have had the Model Y 7 seater for 2 days now.

Here is my story for anyone who wants to read 😊

TLDR:
  • ordered Oct 25/2021 Original EDD: June 2022 (the EDD on the order page)
  • Model Y LR | Ext White | Int Black | Seats 7 | Wheels 19" | Tow No | FSD added Aug 23
  • Pick up Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
  • 27 EDD changes final EDD Sept 12-17
  • VIN Sept 1
  • Delivered to Service Centre Sept 13
  • Pick up Sept 15
  • Almost 11 months waiting
  • Small hiccup with financing but settled easy
  • One noticeable misalignment that was fixed quick by the tech
  • Love the acceleration
  • I doubted the percentage and over charged at my first supercharger visit (projection was spot on!)
  • Looking forward to testing the range out in the winter!

I ordered my Model Y LR 7 seater on Oct 25/2021. White exterior and black interior with no tow or FSD. I had a lot of EDD changes (27 EDDs by the end). I kept a list of them for fun to see where they moved around.

I added FSD on Aug 23 hoping that this might help. As at that time I was getting 2 week windows. Getting to day two of the window then being pushed out a week. I don’t think it helped but I got my VIN on Sept 1.

I never got a text and the VIN was not in my app. I actually had asked my advisor by text a couple days prior to open my financing so I could try to lock in my interest rate (rumours of it going higher in a couple days). Found a MVPA with the VIN but this disappeared when I completed my loan application. It was not visible anywhere but the source code. Once my loan was approved (within a couple hours) I could see my VIN in the online website but it did not appear in the app till Sept 12.

I kept getting EDD changes after my VIN, was able to schedule pick up on Sept 12 for Sept 16. I did set up auto pay for my loan some time around the 9th (forgot to write that down) with a photo of a void cheque. Got a text sept 13 that the vehicle had a arrived and we could pick it up earlier. Changed pick up day to Sept 15. On Sept 14, using my original MVPA I was able to get my plates registered (comes with insurance) as they only needed the price and taxes. I started my package policy then, as well as got a bank certified cheque for the down payment ($40,000).

Packed up phone holder, floor mats, vent covers, cup holder liner, and screen protector to take with us. The drive was about 3.5 hours to the service centre.

They let us spend as much time as we wanted with the car. We did have one hiccup that the tire tax was forgotten on the totals. So new paper work had to be made up. So the service centre gave us a loaner to go get some lunch while we waited for it to be fixed. It took maybe an hour but we didn’t mind as we were going to get lunch after anyway. There was a slight misaligned door trim back left door. But he had the tech take a look while we waited and he was able to correct the alignment.

The drive home was amazing! I had 1 phantom breaking but not too bad. Also there were a couple highways that seem to have the wrong speed limit on the map for a small portion, but other then that everything ran smoothly. She definitely has some pep in her step when I pass people. lol

The service centre had her charged to 97% and I stopped once on the 355 km drive for about 5-8 minutes. It was definitely longer then I needed to as I arrived home with over 30%. I am still getting to trust the calculation in the car.

I have subscribed to Tessie and Teslafi to check out what they offer. I love data and looking forward to what information they can give me over the winter. We can get quite cold (around -45C not factoring in windchill) and I really want to what kind of range I get compared to the weather.

In all a great experience so far! 😊

Hope that covers everything!

Attachments

• F9ABB66A-FFBB-49F2-B163-5189F9F1127D.jpeg
    F9ABB66A-FFBB-49F2-B163-5189F9F1127D.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 08199112-E2A4-441C-B517-C8C32F3C3B31.jpeg
    08199112-E2A4-441C-B517-C8C32F3C3B31.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 88
  • EAE018D1-5EFE-4244-B4B5-35E08FF70686.jpeg
    EAE018D1-5EFE-4244-B4B5-35E08FF70686.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 72
  • D13B789F-0A7C-474C-A2A6-12DDBB992D35.jpeg
    D13B789F-0A7C-474C-A2A6-12DDBB992D35.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 73
  • FE0F0C1D-88F3-441D-91DF-02867ECBEF85.jpeg
    FE0F0C1D-88F3-441D-91DF-02867ECBEF85.jpeg
    124.6 KB · Views: 80
  • AC51C14F-C03D-4DB3-9426-493D8DB763E0.jpeg
    AC51C14F-C03D-4DB3-9426-493D8DB763E0.jpeg
    479.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 38FE3013-C2FC-45C2-982D-0B3B35D662B3.jpeg
    38FE3013-C2FC-45C2-982D-0B3B35D662B3.jpeg
    471.3 KB · Views: 83
New note: I’ve got 995 miles on the MY (freakin love this car! Be patient, it’s coming!)

Anyway, 131 miles on AutoPilot so far and no phantom braking incidents yet. I’ve gotten maybe 3-4 OTA updates so far; if you’re still waiting you’ve got a great car coming soon!
That’s great! 992 for me with curbrash already on 2 wheels covers. Glad to get that out of the way.

• Funny
Reactions: MizzleD
fingers crossed that this doesn't change again in the next 2 weeks. only closer would be acceptable🤞
I see a lot of vin generated on the Thursday, 2 weeks prior to delivery Edd , I got mine on Thursday too. Also the vin that have end up with the 20” wheels, Tesla called me ask if I still want to take the car indicated there is quality issue as excuses with my original VIN. But after confirming, end up the VIN remain the same . Thus, they prioritize the one with higher revenue. adding FSD must help the order.

Last edited:
Until Last week my EDD for MYLR(Blue Color/White interior) was Sep 16 to Sep 31 and suddenly on Friday(17th Sep) as I was expecting VIN, I got my new EDD from Oct 2 to Oct 31.

Originally OD: 20 Oct 2021. Come on tesla it's almost a year you just can prioritize the money and not value other customers.

I am too tempted to add the FSD option and remove it before the delivery.