Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope there's not too many people left here waiting for their cars!
3 weeks and 1200 miles in and we are loving ours.
Question - what's everyone using to clean their cars at home? Spam me with amazon links!
I haven’t officially washed it yet but I do take a soft T shirt and some water to get the bugs off every time I’m done driving. Really easy to remove the bugs if they don’t sit long.

Haha same. 1248 miles for me too!

P.S. there are a hundred YouTubers that tell you to buy a bunch of wild things. I’ll get some soap from Target lol

Reactions: JDEWD250
I haven’t officially washed it yet but I do take a soft T shirt and some water to get the bugs off every time I’m done driving. Really easy to remove the bugs if they don’t sit long.

Haha same. 1248 miles for me too!

P.S. there are a hundred YouTubers that tell you to buy a bunch of wild things. I’ll get some soap from Target lol
Lol! I've never been a car washing person but this is the nicest car I've ever owned so I figure I would try ...

• Funny
Lol! I've never been a car washing person but this is the nicest car I've ever owned so I figure I would try ...
Honestly, I’m just too scared to try “car wash mode” and bring it to a car wash. I don’t think a touchless wash would really work. But we’re nearing winter so I’ll have to make some decisions soon I guess lol.

I have the white exterior so I’m not too worried about swirls but if I had any other color, especially black, I wouldn’t know what to do. Probably would have to buy PPF at that point!

Honestly, I’m just too scared to try “car wash mode” and bring it to a car wash. I don’t think a touchless wash would really work. But we’re nearing winter so I’ll have to make some decisions soon I guess lol.

I have the white exterior so I’m not too worried about swirls but if I had any other color, especially black, I wouldn’t know what to do. Probably would have to buy PPF at that point!
I’m getting full Matte PPF, mine is black.

It would be hammered fast around here with all the driving I do.

Reactions: MizzleD
Question - what's everyone using to clean their cars at home? Spam me with amazon links!
I don't have my Tesla yet, but I use Meguiar's products on my.current car. I like their stuff. I use the waterless wash and wax spray, but they have other types too.

YouTuber Gjeebs uses Hydrosilex products on his Y and their stuff seems pretty good. I'm considering ordering some whenever I run out of what I have.

I don't have my Tesla yet, but I use Meguiar's products on my.current car. I like their stuff. I use the waterless wash and wax spray, but they have other types too.

YouTuber Gjeebs uses Hydrosilex products on his Y and their stuff seems pretty good. I'm considering ordering some whenever I run out of what I have.
Can vouch for the Hydrosilex stuff - works really well.

If you plan on washing the car yourself frequently, I would highly highly recommend getting a ceramic coating put on the car. They have different levels of ceramic that last 1 year to 7 years. I have one of my cars with ceramic and one without. It is night and day different experience to clean the car that has the ceramic finish. Bugs, dirt, tar, bird crap, etc come off the car with hardly any effort on the ceramic. I have to use quite a bit of elbow grease with the non-ceramic car. We are getting rid of that car today (our existing '21 MYLR) and taking delivery of our new 22 MYP. The new MYP will have PPF installed on the front impact areas and then get ceramic coating after that. Our existing white MYLR with 18K miles has it's front bumper speckled black with tiny rock chips, which is why we are getting PPF on the new white MYP. FYI - you want to do PPF that has to be installed before the ceramic.

My order date was 10/28/21, MYLR black ext/int, 20" wheels, 7 seater, no FSD. I live in Maryland.
Original EDD was May 2022, currently sitting at Oct 11-Nov 15 as EDD. I have never received a 2 week window. Super frustrated to watch my trade-in value decrease and loan interest rates go up while I wait on this car! I went ahead and applied for financing yesterday before the rate hike was announced, hoping that I will get lucky and receive the car within 30 days before it expires.
Anyone else still not in a 2 week window? I am wondering what it is about my configuration that it is so low priority to build.

My order date was 10/28/21, MYLR black ext/int, 20" wheels, 7 seater, no FSD. I live in Maryland.
Original EDD was May 2022, currently sitting at Oct 11-Nov 15 as EDD. I have never received a 2 week window. Super frustrated to watch my trade-in value decrease and loan interest rates go up while I wait on this car! I went ahead and applied for financing yesterday before the rate hike was announced, hoping that I will get lucky and receive the car within 30 days before it expires.
Anyone else still not in a 2 week window? I am wondering what it is about my configuration that it is so low priority to build.
Now pushed back again to Oct 23‐ Nov 20.

Regarding enhaced autopilot and FSD, does anyone know if they can be removed for a refund after delivery? I am considering adding enhaced autopilot now to see if it improves delivery time but also am interested to try it out. But, I don't want to pay an extra 6k if I don't like it.

Regarding enhaced autopilot and FSD, does anyone know if they can be removed for a refund after delivery? I am considering adding enhaced autopilot now to see if it improves delivery time but also am interested to try it out. But, I don't want to pay an extra 6k if I don't like it.
It did not do anything for my EDD, Tesla has seen what people were doing and stopped it.

No matter what some may think, it doesn’t work.

I doubt they would give a refund if you took delivery with it installed

They will definitely not refund. If it’s part of the final price and financed, absolutely not. If you want to test it you can pay the $199 per month subscription.