Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2022 Recall [Inspect Rear seat belts]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I couldn’t find a thread on this already. Anyone know what type of service repairs would cause this? I had my rear seats removed by service last year so they could access the HV penthouse. The center seat belt anchor was detached when I got my car back. Am I affected?

• Informative
Reactions: sightman
I got a letter saying I should schedule the inspection in the mobile app and that it would be completed by mobile service. However, while scheduling the visit in the app, mobile service was not an option. I’m currently booked at the Lake Forest Center next month. It’s a big inconvenience that a 5 min service repair cannot be completed as mobile service despite it being available in my area.

This is what utter negligence looks like. The PCS failed on my ~5 day old car, and the service center forgot to bolt the seat belts back in on completing the repair.

This occurred in January 2023. I was not sent any notice about a recall. The seatbelt simply popped out from between the seats when installing a car seat. It's unbelievable.

Attachments

• seat_belt.jpeg
    seat_belt.jpeg
    341 KB · Views: 53
This is what utter negligence looks like. The PCS failed on my ~5 day old car, and the service center forgot to bolt the seat belts back in on completing the repair.

This occurred in January 2023. I was not sent any notice about a recall. The seatbelt simply popped out from between the seats when installing a car seat. It's unbelievable.

Yours does not have anything to do with this recall, right? The recall is "certain vehicles, 2017-2022".. doesnt sound like thats in scope for you. Yours (according to the thread you started on it), was a tech forgetting to tighten it back down, which I agree is dangerous, but doesnt have anything to do with recalls.

My understanding is that this was an issue that started to happen last summer. They recalled all cars that might have this issue, and in the fall, said they were going to fix the process so it didn't happen again. To me, it looks like they didn't fix the process.

The tech didn't "forget to tighten it." They didn't even put a bolt in, yet they made it look like it was properly installed. On the seatbelt. It's a bit more than an oopsie IMO.