Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did you get the information about september 14th?

My sales representative told me they would shift production September 12th, so I monitored the estimated week (which were 2-4 weeks at the time). I checked until Monday morning when the estimate finally said 7-11 weeks, which means to me the factory finally shifted production. Maybe the website was delayed on the estimate, but I assume majority of people who ordered after that date will be looking at Q4 deliveries, unless they got matched with a leftover car.

My sales representative told me they would shift production September 12th, so I monitored the estimated week (which were 2-4 weeks at the time). I checked until Monday morning when the estimate finally said 7-11 weeks, which means to me the factory finally shifted production. Maybe the website was delayed on the estimate, but I assume majority of people who ordered after that date will be looking at Q4 deliveries, unless they got matched with a leftover car.

Some with VINs are reporting 9/20+ build dates, so not sure...

Odd because Tesla's own website says "production begins 2021" under all of the EU options for the model Y

They would not impact European end of Q3 deliveries by announcing model Y before October. Not saying Y to Europe is definitely happening. Just that if it was it would not be announced yet. If they do Europe Q4 they may remove the $3K U.S. discount too.

I was told this morning that the 5-9 week estimate on my order was accurate. When I mentioned November for when I might see a VIN, they said no and that the entire fourth quarter would be for overseas production and it might not be until January that I get a car. I’m not sure how both 5-9 weeks and January square up.
Say it isn’t so!

Besides the fact that I’m not sure I believe it, I’d like to see the car I ordered on September 5th before winter.

I ordered on 9/9, have a VIN in 57xxx range and got the text saying 3 to 8 days 8 days ago. SA says vehicle is still in production (as of a couple days ago). Said I would see it before end of month, but clearly that's not happening. I imagine some domestic deliveries will occur into October, but I also was told by local SA that non-domestic production would start in October and that any orders after 9/15 would be later Q4 delivery.

I ordered on 9/9, have a VIN in 57xxx range and got the text saying 3 to 8 days 8 days ago. SA says vehicle is still in production (as of a couple days ago). Said I would see it before end of month, but clearly that's not happening. I imagine some domestic deliveries will occur into October, but I also was told by local SA that non-domestic production would start in October and that any orders after 9/15 would be later Q4 delivery.

As of today the estimated wait time for a MY is 3-7 weeks, sounds like the Q3 rush is done, I imagine we will see some movement.

Nope. Everything I've read says they shift production to overseas for the first half of the new quarter. I don't know how it will work out with the Model Y since they're not shipping it overseas until 2021, but so far I don't have a delivery date either. I hope they do in fact offer some october dates.

Any idea if "overseas" here includes Canada or is specifically non-NA markets?

I'm another Sep 9 order with no VIN yet - timed the high end 11 week (at the time) delivery estimate to the end of my current lease, so it'd be kind of annoying to have to go almost a month without a car...

I had my VIN 4 days ago (9/28) for MY I ordered in 9/17. When I call SA yesterday for delivery date, SA said can’t find delivery info and seems like still in factory. I see no one got delivery in October yet based on Google spreadsheet. So I guessed they are collecting cars in factory yard and batch ship later this month.
Today morning, my VIN disappeared in Management Order page. WTH?
Then I am thinking they probably start processing ‘21 model, I hope.

I had my VIN 4 days ago (9/28) for MY I ordered in 9/17. When I call SA yesterday for delivery date, SA said can’t find delivery info and seems like still in factory. I see no one got delivery in October yet based on Google spreadsheet. So I guessed they are collecting cars in factory yard and batch ship later this month.
Today morning, my VIN disappeared in Management Order page. WTH?
Then I am thinking they probably start processing ‘21 model, I hope.

Yes, my SA shared with me Tesla was "changing" and "deciding" on how they ship cars to the East Coast for OCT. Charlotte, NC here.