Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received the text to schedule delivery and the earliest available date was on Sunday 10/11. Apparently it's already at the delivery location, but it just needs to be detailed. This is going to be a long four days..

Ordered on 10/1 and received VIN on 10/2.

MSM on black
Inductions
Tow Hitch
no FSD
59xxx L

Reactions: Quorky
I already got a choice to pick Oct 8, 9 or 10 as pickup dates.. but when I went online I saw an opening on Oct 14 so I picked that. I want to delay the pickup as close as to Oct 22 when I want to give it as a surprise gift to wifey.. I am wondering how many times can I reschedule by calling in?

I already got a choice to pick Oct 8, 9 or 10 as pickup dates.. but when I went online I saw an opening on Oct 14 so I picked that. I want to delay the pickup as close as to Oct 22 when I want to give it as a surprise gift to wifey.. I am wondering how many times can I reschedule by calling in?

According to other posts, they don't really allow you to do that. If you can't meet those days then it will go to the next person with the same configuration. Can't you just store it for a week or so somewhere?

I ordered my LR MY on August 16, and it still shows 6-10 weeks in my account status. I am in the Chicago area and hoping for a delivery around November 1st. I have tried the “view page source” trick using Google chrome browser and no VIN has been assigned yet. I presume if we did not get the end of quarter push it will be the full 10 weeks. Let me know if you all think this is normal?

Last edited:
I called Tesla today concerning my August 30th order / East coast. Still no VIN, but the representative seemed to believe there may be assignment by the end of October.
I am guessing I am in the same boat. We order the gray LR MY with white interior and the Gemini wheels. Could be a not so popular config, but we are not in a huge rush to receive. Wall charger install is in two weeks...

I ordered my LR MY on August 16, and it still shows 6-10 weeks in my account status. I am in the Chicago area and hoping for a delivery around November 1st. I have tried the “view page source” trick using Google chrome browser and no VIN has been assigned yet. I presume if we did not get the end of quarter push it will be the full 10 weeks. Let me know if you all think this is normal?
what config?

• Funny
Reactions: wlrd08
how did it go? and what is the VIN sequence?
Received a call day of at 2:30 PM before 4 o’clock appointment to learn the rear passenger window was not operating properly and they needed to fix it. Disappointed because I thought waiting this long we were past all of that . Re-scheduled delivery for the following day and pick up went smoothly. Delivery day windows worked but discovered levers in rear cargo wall used to flatten rear seats do not work and had to schedule a service appointment. Seats go down manually ok. Door gaps, dirt smudges on interior trim (some were cleaned on the spot), minor scratch on rear cargo trim and trim below rear bumper. Manager said door gaps impossible to fix because any adjustments would leave another gap. He acted like he couldn’t see the scratches or interior trim dirt, said ok for me to report whatever I like but probably not anything to be done.... None of this was a surprise. I washed the car at home & no water got past the door gaps or trim inside the door. Overall car looks good & better yet with clear bra and front windows tinted (I took it in immediately). It’s only day 2, not counting tint/ppp day, so my glasses are still very rose-colored. Cool car, fun to drive, so glad I chose it over Audi & Volvo compacts. Vin, remind me again which numbers note build sequence?

Received a call day of at 2:30 PM before 4 o’clock appointment to learn the rear passenger window was not operating properly and they needed to fix it. Disappointed because I thought waiting this long we were past all of that . Re-scheduled delivery for the following day and pick up went smoothly. Delivery day windows worked but discovered levers in rear cargo wall used to flatten rear seats do not work and had to schedule a service appointment. Seats go down manually ok. Door gaps, dirt smudges on interior trim (some were cleaned on the spot), minor scratch on rear cargo trim and trim below rear bumper. Manager said door gaps impossible to fix because any adjustments would leave another gap. He acted like he couldn’t see the scratches or interior trim dirt, said ok for me to report whatever I like but probably not anything to be done.... None of this was a surprise. I washed the car at home & no water got past the door gaps or trim inside the door. Overall car looks good & better yet with clear bra and front windows tinted (I took it in immediately). It’s only day 2, not counting tint/ppp day, so my glasses are still very rose-colored. Cool car, fun to drive, so glad I chose it over Audi & Volvo compacts. Vin, remind me again which numbers note build sequence?

last 5 digits.. also whats the character before the F in the VIN number. M says its 2021 model and L says its 2020. I have a 2019 Model 3 and love it.

Since it was 4-5 days ago that I received the VIN, I decided to call my local Tesla (Charlotte, NC). The gentleman mentioned that the car is scheduled to arrive at their center on Oct 21st and he set up a delivery appointment for Oct 23rd. Hopefully all will go well. In the meanwhile, I completed the remaining steps like insurance etc., Now, waiting continues.

LR/White/Black/19"/Tow hitch, ordered on 9/26. Charlotte NC

Since it was 4-5 days ago that I received the VIN, I decided to call my local Tesla (Charlotte, NC). The gentleman mentioned that the car is scheduled to arrive at their center on Oct 21st and he set up a delivery appointment for Oct 23rd. Hopefully all will go well. In the meanwhile, I completed the remaining steps like insurance etc., Now, waiting continues.

LR/White/Black/19"/Tow hitch, ordered on 9/26. Charlotte NC

Damn, glad to see Charlotte pop up... Stupid blue takes so long it seems.

could be, i see some local ones scattered in (ie. Colorado). Didn't you get matched immediately though, and ordered after me? You are local to me also, though config I'm sure is different and will play a part in it.
yes I ordered 9/24 and matched within 2 days.. But I wanted my car around Oct 22 plus I see they are coming out with 2021 VIN. So called Tesla and asked them to reassign my VIN to someone else which they did..