Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flawless delivery in Charlotte, NC. I really could not find anything wrong with the MY. The panel gaps looked fine, with no frunk issues, rear seat aligned, no window issues. The bumpers look a touch off, but at other angles, they look fine, I had the same issue with my white Lexus RX. I already drove 175 miles back to South Carolina, with no issues at all. It did take the MY about 8 hours to show in the Tesla App. The Charlotte delivery center offered great service, I never saw my SA, he kinda sucked anyway. The delivery tech did talk and walk around the vehicle and answered questions, so the process was not completely touch-free, which I did appreciate since I had a few questions. The delivery tech stated he had 8 other deliveries to process for the day and last month was processing 30+ per day on occasion... I think the Charlotte location was able to take their time with the car, clean it up good, and ensure I had a great experience.

Attachments

• Tesla.jpg
    Tesla.jpg
    671.5 KB · Views: 105
Flawless delivery in Charlotte, NC. I really could not find anything wrong with the MY. The panel gaps looked fine, with no frunk issues, rear seat aligned, no window issues. The bumpers look a touch off, but at other angles, they look fine, I had the same issue with my white Lexus RX. I already drove 175 miles back to South Carolina, with no issues at all. It did take the MY about 8 hours to show in the Tesla App. The Charlotte delivery center offered great service, I never saw my SA, he kinda sucked anyway. The delivery tech did talk and walk around the vehicle and answered questions, so the process was not completely touch-free, which I did appreciate since I had a few questions. The delivery tech stated he had 8 other deliveries to process for the day and last month was processing 30+ per day on occasion... I think the Charlotte location was able to take their time with the car, clean it up good, and ensure I had a great experience.
Congratulations. So the Car didn't show up in your app even after you took delivery ?

Thanks for sharing your positive experience. My niece will be picking her car up in Charlotte also, so yours is encouraging news. Enjoy the car!

Congratulations!! and thank you for sharing your experience. I am scheduled for delivery on Friday October 30, hope it goes well. Enjoy your new car

Congratulations. I take my delivery on 29th. Hoping to have the same great experience and no build issues. Fingers Crossed

Did you check if you car had the double panel window?

Good to know, last time I got my 3 there, it was dirty and still had shipping sticky stuff on it.

Just received a text update from my delivery center. Looks like my MY is scheduled to arrive a little sooner. Original delivery date is 10/30.

I am taking delivery in Chicago so it seems the train has arrived and they will moving my car from the train to the delivery center sometime today. I had previously spoken with them and they indicated it would take a day or two to get the car cleaned up and any corrections to their specs.

here’s a pic of my front and rear Windows. I assume front is double pane. Just picked up car yesterday.

Sorry if I break something uploading them. First timer.

I find it really interesting and odd that they laminated the front windows but not the back ones. Sure, it might cut down the noise in the front, but our ears are still close enough to the back windows where we can pick up on the noise coming from the back windows. Now I do understand the back windows are tinted and the front ones aren’t and that may play as an issue with production/manufacturing and what not; but still seems odd. But hey, they’re going in the right direction and taking care of noises, so one can’t complain to much! I’m sure those back windows will be laminated at some point, and maybe it’s just a manufacturing issue.

I can tell you this, the car is pretty quiet, the HVAC also seemed pretty quiet to me as does the motor whine. I only here the whine when I revved up to get into the freeway. It was the first time I heard it. Radio was off at the time.

Road noise, meaning what gets transmitted through the tires is another thing to me. When i was on bad roads, yes i can "hear" that. But the wind or other cars? not really bothering me.

Reactions: NASASpaceXlove
Picked up my Blue & White Model Y yesterday from the Charlotte center. The car was in tip top shape except for a few blemishes on the back seat and the passenger side visor. It was cleaned on the spot before taking delivery. The overall delivery process was great. Car inspection time aside, it would not have taken me more than 20 minutes to get the paperwork done. The car showed up on the Tesla mobile app after a few tries, had to reinstall the Tesla app and connect to the delivery center's WiFi. Very happy with the car overall, the white seats look and feel awesome

Picked up my Blue & White Model Y yesterday from the Charlotte center. The car was in tip top shape except for a few blemishes on the back seat and the passenger side visor. It was cleaned on the spot before taking delivery. The overall delivery process was great. Car inspection time aside, it would not have taken me more than 20 minutes to get the paperwork done. The car showed up on the Tesla mobile app after a few tries, had to reinstall the Tesla app and connect to the delivery center's WiFi. Very happy with the car overall, the white seats look and feel awesome

Awesome to hear! I pick up my Blue/Black tomorrow!
I will miss my white seats, but not the blue jean stains my wife leaves on them :)

I received my MY LR MSM today! It was a pretty solid delivery. There are some very subtle misaligned panels or rear door with both tail lights needing an adjustment in the Chicago area. I definitely did not hesitate to take it home. I have an appointment to go back in 2 weeks for them to make the adjustments. No other issues with paint, motors, or electronics. We are very happy with it all! Pictures of the panels attached.

Attachments

• 997014CC-9AA8-483D-8990-2BA0CC0F5584.jpeg
    997014CC-9AA8-483D-8990-2BA0CC0F5584.jpeg
    608.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 29E20858-53DD-492B-B2CA-DA1BBC8EEAD4.jpeg
    29E20858-53DD-492B-B2CA-DA1BBC8EEAD4.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 6E506241-3449-4225-ADE7-69B82395FED8.jpeg
    6E506241-3449-4225-ADE7-69B82395FED8.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 58
  • BD51B20C-CB9C-41BE-8552-F946C30B52B2.jpeg
    BD51B20C-CB9C-41BE-8552-F946C30B52B2.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 8319FEC2-7FC8-445E-85E9-2B2E7A5DC3C8.jpeg
    8319FEC2-7FC8-445E-85E9-2B2E7A5DC3C8.jpeg
    558.9 KB · Views: 68
I received my MY LR MSM today! It was a pretty solid delivery. There are some very subtle misaligned panels or rear door with both tail lights needing an adjustment in the Chicago area. I definitely did not hesitate to take it home. I have an appointment to go back in 2 weeks for them to make the adjustments. No other issues with paint, motors, or electronics. We are very happy with it all! Pictures of the panels attached.
Added additional pictures of the MY otherwise.

Attachments

• 8CD8C7A5-52D5-41C3-B6DF-22742ACB72EB.jpeg
    8CD8C7A5-52D5-41C3-B6DF-22742ACB72EB.jpeg
    865.1 KB · Views: 63
  • F4A99FFA-AC5E-43B0-A9CE-62C2578982AD.jpeg
    F4A99FFA-AC5E-43B0-A9CE-62C2578982AD.jpeg
    690.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 9C47B359-D4DA-4A1A-849A-9CA26124A057.jpeg
    9C47B359-D4DA-4A1A-849A-9CA26124A057.jpeg
    970.9 KB · Views: 69
  • D27537C9-D11F-435F-85FF-577C31406763.jpeg
    D27537C9-D11F-435F-85FF-577C31406763.jpeg
    836.8 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: NY_Rob and 907XCP
If you look at your Purchase Agreement (if you have one), page 5 describes Tesla's Arbitration process and why you may want to opt-out.

ARBITRATION PROVISION- PLEASE REVIEW - IMPORTANT - AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
"1. EITHER YOU OR WE MAY CHOOSE TO HAVE ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN US DECIDED BY ARBITRATION AND NOT IN COURT OR BY JURY TRIAL.

2. IF A DISPUTE IS ARBITRATED, YOU WILL GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER ON ANY CLASS CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST US INCLUDING ANY RIGHT TO CLASS ARBITRATION OR ANY CONSOLIDATION OF INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATIONS.

3. DISCOVERY AND RIGHTS TO APPEAL IN ARBITRATION ARE GENERALLY MORE LIMITED THAN IN A LAWSUIT, AND OTHER RIGHTS THAT YOU AND WE WOULD HAVE IN COURT MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION.

Any claim or dispute, whether in contract, tort, statute or otherwise (including the interpretation and scope of this Arbitration Provision, and the arbitrability of the claim or dispute), between you and us or our employees, agents, successors or assigns, which arises out of or relates to your credit application, purchase or condition of this vehicle, this contract or any resulting transaction or relationship (including any such relationship with third parties who do not sign this contract) shall, at your or our election, be resolved by neutral, binding arbitration and not by a court action. If federal law provides that a claim or dispute is not subject to binding arbitration, this Arbitration Provision shall not apply to such claim or dispute. Any claim or dispute is to be arbitrated by a single arbitrator on an individual basis and not as a class action. You expressly waive any right you may have to arbitrate a class action. You may choose the American Arbitration Association, 1633 Broadway, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10019 (www.adr.org), or any other organization to conduct the arbitration subject to our approval.You may get a copy of the rules of an arbitration organization by contacting the organization or visiting its website.Arbitrators shall be attorneys or retired judges and shall be selected pursuant to the applicable rules. The arbitrator shall apply governing substantive law and the applicable statute of limitations. The arbitration hearing shall be conducted in the federal district in which you reside unless the Seller-Creditor is a party to the claim or dispute, in which case the hearing will be held in the federal district where this contract was executed. We will pay your filing, administration, service or case management fee and your arbitrator or hearing fee all up to a maximum of $5000, unless the law or the rules of the chosen arbitration organization require us to pay more. The amount we pay may be reimbursed in whole or in part by decision of the arbitrator if the arbitrator finds that any of your claims is frivolous under applicable law. Each party shall be responsible for its own attorney, expert and other fees, unless awarded by the arbitrator under applicable law.If the chosen arbitration organization's rules conflict with this Arbitration Provision, then the provisions of this Arbitration Provision shall control. Any arbitration under this Arbitration Provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act (9 U.S.C. § 1 et. seq.) and not by any state law concerning arbitration. Any award by the arbitrator shall be in writing and will be final and binding on all parties, subject to any limited right to appeal under the Federal Arbitration Act. You and we retain the right to seek remedies in small claims court for disputes or claims within that court's jurisdiction, unless such action is transferred, removed or appealed to a different court. Neither you nor we waive the right to arbitrate by using self-help remedies, such as repossession, or by filing an action to recover the vehicle, to recover a deficiency balance, or for individual injunctive relief. Any court having jurisdiction may enter judgment on the arbitrator's award. This Arbitration Provision shall survive any termination, payoff or transfer of this contract. If any part of this Arbitration Provision, other than waivers of class action rights, is deemed or found to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder shall remain enforceable. If a waiver of class action rights is deemed or found to be unenforceable for any reason in a case in which class action allegations have been made, the remainder of this Arbitration Provision shall be unenforceable."

Hey I'm getting a delivery next week in Brooklyn, can you explain the arbitration opt-out process? Seems better to opt out, but can I do it at delivery or with the letter? And is it sent registered mail for proof? My 3rd Tesla but not in a row. Just got out of a huge mess with an Audi Q8, that I hired an attorney to get me a buyback, and hoping for the best.

Thanks in advance.
Rich

Hi Rich,
It's a bit confusing because the original "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement" (the doc you electronically signed when you put down your original $100 for the car and you got a Reservation number) gives you 30 days from when you get a Reservation number to "opt-out" via written letter (address contained in the MVOA doc). And.. it specifically mentions that:
"If you do not opt out, this agreement to arbitrate overrides any different arbitration agreement between us, including any arbitration agreement in a lease or finance contract."

In my case... where I took out a small loan from Tesla for my car- there was an arbitration opt-in/out agreement signature box on the right side of page one of the loan agreement, but I don't think it means anything if I optedin or out on that doc because the MVOA supersedes it.

The biggest issue is.. the 30 day opt-out timer starts after electronically agreeing to the MVOA, not 30 days after getting your car. As we all know... many of us waited months to get our cars.. and the 30 day opt-out window had closed long before we got a VIN.

Before doing anything.. check the date on your MVOA from your Tesla account, if you're past the 30 day window... that's it... nothing else to do.

Best of luck with your delivery next week!!

Rob

Hi Rich,
It's a bit confusing because the original "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement" (the doc you electronically signed when you put down your original $100 for the car and you got a Reservation number) gives you 30 days from when you get a Reservation number to "opt-out" via written letter (address contained in the MVOA doc). And.. it specifically mentions that:
"If you do not opt out, this agreement to arbitrate overrides any different arbitration agreement between us, including any arbitration agreement in a lease or finance contract."

In my case... where I took out a small loan from Tesla for my car- there was an arbitration opt-in/out agreement signature box on the right side of page one of the loan agreement, but I don't think it means anything if I optedin or out on that doc because the MVOA supersedes it.

The biggest issue is.. the 30 day opt-out timer starts after electronically agreeing to the MVOA, not 30 days after getting your car. As we all know... many of us waited months to get our cars.. and the 30 day opt-out window had closed long before we got a VIN.

Before doing anything.. check the date on your MVOA from your Tesla account, if you're past the 30 day window... that's it... nothing else to do.

Best of luck with your delivery next week!!

Rob

Interesting, I thought this applies only after you receive a VIN number as the order reservation can change meaningfully and you can cancel / place new orders many times over before locking into a specific vehicle. The details state that you must list the VIN as per below, so how can they claim that the start date is applicable from the date of the order and not from when you receive your vin / car

"If you prefer, you may instead take an individual dispute to small claims court. You may opt out of arbitra1on within 30 days afer signing this Agreement by sending a letter to: Tesla, Inc.; P.O. Box 15430; Fremont, CA 94539- 7970, sta1ng your name, Vehicle Identification Number, and intent to opt out of the arbitra1on provision. If you do not opt out, this agreement to arbitrate overrides any different arbitra1on agreement between us, including any arbitra1on agreement in a lease or finance contract."

^ like I said.. it's confusing!

My "Motor Vehicle Order Agreement" is dated 7/11/20 but I only got my VIN on 10/21/20... more than 3 months later. So there is no way to "opt-out" according to their requirements (VIN needed to opt out). I imagine that probably wouldn't hold up in court because it's just something that can't be done. Or you would have to opt-out in writing via letter and note VIN- to be determined?