Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October Orders... what did we do wrong?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To answer the original thread question of "what did you do"... wouldnt whatever you did be the same thing as all the other people in california waiting in the linked thread below?

California, The Land That Time Forgot

I think the frustration is a bit different for October orders vs one place a week or two ago. just curious how many people are in a similar boat vs. just being from CA.

Reactions: fishyducky
I think the frustration is a bit different for October orders vs one place a week or two ago. just curious how many people are in a similar boat vs. just being from CA.

Many of the people in that thread ordered in October. A lot of them have just taken delivery as well, but the entire thread premise was the same as this one, actually. the poster from post number 2 in this thread was like poster number 3 in that thread, as an example.

Not my intent. I’m actually in a good spot, trading my Prius, have other transportation so it dosent rack up miles, using extra time to increase down payment. Still sucks but I am semi-patiently waiting. Any second now.......

I returned my rental car today as I am off work for the remainder of the year, and I have also done the same with saving up quite a bit more for the down payment. I do feel ridiculous about how much this process has consumed my life. It would be \much easier if they gave us a timeframe other than before the end of the month.

Reactions: giantshark18
I returned my rental car today as I am off work for the remainder of the year, and I have also done the same with saving up quite a bit more for the down payment. I do feel ridiculous about how much this process has consumed my life. It would be \much easier if they gave us a timeframe other than before the end of the month.
Believe me I periodically look at BMW M2 Competitions and Audi RS3’s on line at the local dealer. Probably good that the dealer is over an hour away. Lol

Believe me I periodically look at BMW M2 Competitions and Audi RS3’s on line at the local dealer. Probably good that the dealer is over an hour away. Lol

M2 comp would be SO nice. Golf R was my ICE option, and also have been checking listings for them lately. backup plans, right? although never let the M2 comp know it was a backup plan if you end up with one

I still have a rental going on 3 weeks now, will return on Sunday and wait it out. Tried a motorcycle for 2 weeks but when it started raining it got real dicey in the evening commutes. Did you have a decent rental? I feel like the Ford Fusion they gave me is prepping me nicely for a Tesla replacement! laggy turbo 4/auto box integration... can't wait for single pedal, no transmission driving again.

I still have a rental going on 3 weeks now, will return on Sunday and wait it out. Tried a motorcycle for 2 weeks but when it started raining it got real dicey in the evening commutes. Did you have a decent rental? I feel like the Ford Fusion they gave me is prepping me nicely for a Tesla replacement! laggy turbo 4/auto box integration... can't wait for single pedal, no transmission driving again.

I returned my Model X earlier this month and then had a Chevy Cruze as a rental. I had not driven a non-electric vehicle in almost two years, so it was certainly an experience I did not miss. Gas stations? Terrible. 1st world problems.

Ordered 10/26 in Oregon. LR AWD black interior with 18” aero wheels. It is scheduled for assembly Christmas day, at least that’s what I have been told. I don’t feel as bad after reading some of the posts about longer waits.
It makes sense to send the most distant cars first though it sucks to have to wait. Tesla is a small car manufacturer trying to become a big company while trying to handle a surge in orders due to the end of the tax credits. Not something that is easy.
I’m not happy about the lack of communication but they haven’t told me anything yet that was blatantly false. Working on Christmas tells me that they must have a record amount of orders. I wonder how many of those of us waiting would want to work New Years Eve.

There were still about 65 or so. They took them off when the lower paint prices were announced. I expected them to be put back but nothing yet.

There were a LOT of cars in inventory last night in Southern California. And now every one is sold out. Geez. It must be good to be Tesla.

Oh well. I’m happy for them. They really do make the best car out there. I guess the public finally figured that out.