Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October test drive in Miami

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jeeps17

Cath Jockey in a P85
Mar 17, 2012
Montreal, Canada
A quick question to floridian TMC members:

I will be in Miami in late October for a scientific meeting (at the Miami Beach Conference Center), and would like to take this opportunity to test drive an S. I unfortunately could not make it to the Toronto Get Amped event.

I will have a non-reservation holder colleague along for the ride, who may also want to test drive.

Would anyone have suggestions as to who I should contact to arrange this?

As well, is there any ETA on the opening of the Lincoln road store? I had otherwise planned to make my way to the Dania beach location.

Thank you for your time!

JP

I am also planning a test drive around mid October. I spoke with a Tesla rep at the Dania store and he seemed confident that there would be an opportunity to test drive at that location. He recommended i call a couple of weeks ahead to verify. I am also a reservation holder.

I would also be interested in a test drive at the Miami store if the Tampa store is not yet open. I am #7011 and thinking Feb., March 2013. Maybe by then service, incidentals, i.e. cup holders etc. will be ironed out. The last opportunity in Miami seemed brief.

Anyone have the contact info. for the Rep. in Miami and or Tampa?

Graham is the Tesla Manager for FL and he has a helpful team based in Dania Beach. Contact the store directly:

Untitled.jpg

As far as Lincoln Road is concerned it currently looks like the opening will be late October or early November. Local authorities have not given Tesla an easy ride with their permits (it's an historical area) and that caused delays.

Tampa will have a Service Center and not a Store - there are currently service personnel employed but no word on premises yet, my best guess is early next year. Note though that nobody expects Service Centers to have test drive vehicles.

Graham will be bringing a Performance Model S to Sarasota on Sunday, September 23rd as part of our National Plug In Day celebration. The car will be on display, but there will probably be an opportunity for short test drives.

For those interested in traveling to Sarasota for a test drive, I suggest that you contact Graham to make sure he can accomodate you. We would love to have you join us in beautiful Sarasota. On Saturday evening, September 22nd the Met Fashion House is hosting a cocktail party for Tesla and Fisker enthusiasts. If you do eventually plan to visit us, please contact me at [email protected] maybe we can organize an informal meet-up.

Larry

Assuming that Graham is bringing the same car to Sarasota this weekend it is a White Performance Model S.

Larry

Yup. White exterior, black performance interior trim, pano roof. I was there a few days ago and able to compare the interior on the test drive car to a car about to be delivered, and the interior was much nicer/tighter on the car to be delivered than the test car.

My wife and I are going to Dania Beach tomorrow Wed. 10/10 to look and test drive. I'm told they have a white and silver.
We just finalized and ordered a grey with an anticipated delivery Feb./Mar. 2013 for #7011.
We would be happy to ask any questions, take any pictures for those who would like.

I sure will!

How long was your test drive?

I wasn't paying attention to the time, too wraped up in the car and driving, maybe 20 min.. It is a good course. I asked Graham about Miami and the course there. Said he hasn't been to the site, but will have to see about that. He said the car just had a software update and now includes an option for "creep". There will also be a change to the area between the front seats by the time I get mine Feb-Mar. He also recommended I not get the high power wall connector based on projected need so I saved some there. You can make changes to the finalized order until about a month before assembly.