Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus ‘Go’ getting paid to use Electricity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NewbieT

Aug 16, 2019
North West
I’m sure others will have this email too. I’m not on Octopus ‘Agile’ I’m on ‘Go’ but will get paid to use electricity on Sunday and do my bit to help keep the country’s electricity on. Amazing. Loving even more.

1486BDF0-070A-406B-B066-0A5045FD16E7.png C5FA25BC-6EDA-4134-8CDA-966771A205A1.png B43C0A8E-B0D4-4C55-A105-F15A88927F99.png

P.S. usual Octopus referral code available if you want one (I’ve got to at least try!)

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
I've not got that unfortunately although I may have struggled to make a meaningful dent in the over capacity problem. Different in the future as I'm getting some home batteries.

Did you by chance get/complete the end of April questionnaire? I'm curious on the selection criteria although I suspect they can gleam everything they need from the smart meter usage.

There seem to be different versions of that email around with higher prices being offered for shorter periods, an interesting experiment to see what motivates people I assume.

... or just trying to get higher consumption in a narrow band with a broader base over a longer period...

I'm on Agile already so not relevant for me, but a good way for Octopus to respond to the grid issue for sure.

I got the email...2p per kWh between 2pm and 3pm on Sunday...I'm South coast near Portsmouth

I did fill in survey thing last week (and obviously on go).

Car obviously doesn't need charging but I'll whack it on for hour...
Maybe do some cooking, hoovering, air con on and maybe even the immersion heater...

Maybe we should have a challenge...who can use the most amount of energy in an hour...it's the kind of 'doing my bit' I like

Got an invite: 5p/kWh between 2pm and 3pm. Sweet!

Means I can do the washing in the afternoon (and get cheap drying on the line if it's sunny) that will pay for another load overnight... I'll probably also run the car down doing the weekly shop for my elderly parents to make the most of charging.

I’m sure others will have this email too. I’m not on Octopus ‘Agile’ I’m on ‘Go’ but will get paid to use electricity on Sunday and do my bit to help keep the country’s electricity on. Amazing. Loving even more.
I got the Email but 04:00 - 05:00 !
View attachment 539443 View attachment 539444 View attachment 539445

P.S. usual Octopus referral code available if you want one (I’ve got to at least try!)
I got the Email but:00-05:00 !

I got the Email but 04:00 - 05:00 !

Agile in Southern - nowt for me :(

Then again, I wouldn't expect an email, just a great rate for the period concerned...
That’s what I thought being on Agile, especially after reading about it in telegraph earlier in the week (possibly too much Electricity on grid and needing emergency powers -although they quoted BH Friday not Sunday).

But strangely got an email anyways. Be interesting to see the standard rates in the area will be come 4pm Saturday.

But strangely got an email anyways. Be interesting to see the standard rates in the area will be come 4pm Saturday.

I wouldn't get too excited, Sizewell has agreed to reduce output to 50% and the emergency powers to cut off excess wind and solar got approved tonight, so odds are it will just be another normal weekend...