Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Agile....gulp!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish I hadn't charged during the plunge prices today!

Attachments

• 20200522_162629.png
    20200522_162629.png
    47 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: Medved_77
Damn, I need to get myself those Powerwalls...

My electricity bill for last 30 days. The irony is yesterday at 5pm the PW was at 100%, the car at 90%, and even the PV hot water heater was 'off' because the water was hot and I ended up exporting 4kWh to the grid!! So even if I wanted to use electricity is would have been hard.

This current spell of wind+sun really is doing wonder to electric generation in the UK, all the worries about EVs causing the grid to collapse really does seem like storm in tea cup.

49924897848_1ed2b0b898_z.jpg

49925424081_2eabb09fdc_z.jpg

Well, you can’t read much into the way things are currently. Lots of EVs are sat unused. My car has 137 miles on the clock and under the normal run of things it would have closer to 1500.

Equally lots of businesses are not operating, using electricity on an industrial scale.

Hopefully though this virus will accelerate the whole WFH strategy for most office based firms, so car usage (and electricity usage) will drop. That would make V2G more viable too, as EVs would be sat idle at home rather than in an office car park.

What's the opposite of plunging prices? It seems like Agile has come back ont fashion again.
Watch this video from Anthony ( a member here) it's just crazy what's happening with prices and tariffs.

The takeaway is that you can charge your batteries at 30p/ kW and then sell it back to the grid for 60p and if you could do that 3x a day, you'd a profit of £21 per day with a 24kWh battery. That works out at over £600 a month!

Reactions: MikeeUK