Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Agile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sunday? Is that predicted rates.

From 0200 Saturday is under 5p in B region, east mids
Yes, I'm the same region also. It's even better now if it comes off!
7C1FAE36-47B1-4D7B-93A6-849DCA6B409E.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: Godsense
Greg is very keen to say it's a straightforward formula to get the Agile rates however I have yet to find the wholesale price that Octopus are using as I, and Octopus watch, find it impossible to predict with any accuracy the Agile rates.
The fact that Octopus haven't published tomorrow's rates should not be a problem, we should be able to work them out using the formula.
I have the wholesale prices and I have the formula but ....

Greg is very keen to say it's a straightforward formula to get the Agile rates however I have yet to find the wholesale price that Octopus are using as I, and Octopus watch, find it impossible to predict with any accuracy the Agile rates.
The fact that Octopus haven't published tomorrow's rates should not be a problem, we should be able to work them out using the formula.
I have the wholesale prices and I have the formula but ....
This link suggests it's from EPEXSPOT...
Guy Lipman - Energy

When I’ve done the calcs before Octopus = Epex. Slightly different numbers with Nordpool.

Given Nordpool is in the T&C’s and if Octopus have been billing on Epex they might have a bit of a liability one way or another. Jeez. The two markets run different rates so if Octopus have under-billed (overall) then they’re short on revenue, liability to shareholders. If they’ve over-billed we might all be due a refund. I’ll run a couple more checks. Mega screw up by someone. Big data computation calcs to work out the liability / corrections.

I’ll ask my mate Phil

If you half filled an SR+ last night you might have got over billed by 12p. It’s a small test & I’m sure over the 17,000 odd HH slots a year there are swings and roundabout lid but still the regulator is keen on people being billed properly.

Not a ‘major’ liability. Easily fixable with v3.3 of the T&C’s and some billing adjustments.