Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Christmas Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started with Octopus back in November - got gas bills but no electric ones. Decided to ask and they effectively said "ooops" and sent me one pretty much straight away.

As it happened I questioned something, and have had about 5 different ones thus far...
:(

I checked my account on January 27t and saw that nothing had been credited so I emailed them. I had a reply the following day saying that they would be crediting my account imminently. Sure enough on January 29th the credit appeared - 76p!!!!!

I emailed again on Tuesday and had a reply earlier today apologising and advising a further credit of £5.00 had been made. Original usage was £4.47 so only £3.71 was owing. Not going to make/break the bank but on reflection, they've responded pretty quickly and IMHO admirably.

Perhaps Elon should get some advice from Octopus for his Customer Service model. I know from reading other forums Octopus are not perfect but, speaking from my own overall experience, they've been excellent.

I checked my account on January 27t and saw that nothing had been credited so I emailed them. I had a reply the following day saying that they would be crediting my account imminently. Sure enough on January 29th the credit appeared - 76p!!!!!

I emailed again on Tuesday and had a reply earlier today apologising and advising a further credit of £5.00 had been made. Original usage was £4.47 so only £3.71 was owing. Not going to make/break the bank but on reflection, they've responded pretty quickly and IMHO admirably.

Perhaps Elon should get some advice from Octopus for his Customer Service model. I know from reading other forums Octopus are not perfect but, speaking from my own overall experience, they've been excellent.

My Octopus Christmas reimbursement went exactly as you describe! Their system seemed to ping out 76p to everybody but I also ended up being given a little extra, as part of an apology, when I pointed this out.

I've emailed again about not being billed for electricity since November.. I keep reminding myself this is a beta tarriff, and since I'm paying in money each month regardless of the lack of bill, there's not going to be a -really- nasty surprise.

I've also looked back, and yes, like everyone else I got 76p, but checking Xmas morning, should have been just over £4. I've emailed them asking if they can look into that too.

Interesting January bill received this morning.
Firstly, it was a hard copy sent by post. Every other bill has been an emailed pdf.
Secondly, the 10 days or so back in November that were never charged when I switched to Octopus have been added to my bill though sheets for the relevant days are not included.
And thirdly, I, like a number of others, have been awarded the 76p payment for Christmas Day. It should be £4.26 !

Interesting January bill received this morning.
Firstly, it was a hard copy sent by post. Every other bill has been an emailed pdf.
Secondly, the 10 days or so back in November that were never charged when I switched to Octopus have been added to my bill though sheets for the relevant days are not included.
And thirdly, I, like a number of others, have been awarded the 76p payment for Christmas Day. It should be £4.26 !
I still haven’t been credited anything. I’ll give it until the end of the month and chase them up, again.

Having chased them up, again, they’ve credited me with £1, allegedly rounding up from my actual usage. My actual usage from their own usage data was closer to £1.50 (I know, not setting the world on fire here, but it’s the principle that counts). So I’ve replied expressing my dissatisfaction at their constantly poor customer service.
I have to say, the product is good and their prices are very competitive, but bearing in mind the number of times I’ve had to contact them (why should I need to keep contacting my energy supplier?) the support has been totally naff. Even the simplest of issues have required multiple emails/messages, first getting past the initial boilerplate response, followed by then having to explain to them how their own product works. This is a company that prides itself in its customer support. It’s clearly as deluded as Dale Vince is about the reliability of his charging network.