Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Electric Tracker vs Go vs Intelligent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveW

May 21, 2019
Beds, UK
The other thread was about gas (which feels like a no brainer), to not take away from that, thought it best to put something fresh here.

It got me thinking about electric prices. I've been very lucky that Octopus messed up last year and extended my 14.2p day and 5p night rate on Go, but all good things come to an end and that's due to finish in March.

The gas tracker got me thinking, would the electric tracker be better off for me, some google sheeting later and I think it will!

I only really charge once a week, I've gone for best case of just a top up of around 60-90% as that's what keeps me in the cheap rate at the moment.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 18.35.06.png

Unless I've messed up here (I've not gone into the granular detail of how much I use in the cheap rate), it's looking like I'll be a fair bit better off on tracker, assuming the prices stay around the 24p mark! Double checked my bill for December and it was £77, so I'm not far out!

Worth checking your usage, if you don't charge much at home, the car focused tariffs might not be best, I'm sure it's a very different story if you charge a lot of course.

I'll be keeping an eye on the prices here later in the month to make my mind up: Octopus Energy latest Tracker prices for Eastern England

Tracker seems to have better standing charges and if you aren’t doing high mileage or have some base load you can’t shift to the off-peak window (bloody great pond for me) then yeah, tracker beats Go/IO with the current prices.

My Octopus app allows me to access my bills. The electric bill shows the “average unit price” taking into account that months usage. With mine around 16p I’m definitely on the right tariff. Have you looked at yours?

Reactions: eaglesrest