Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Give it a bit more time between adding apps, just to make sure that each app is definitely sleeping properly. Overnight should be enough.

I notice there was an update to the Tesla Watch app on the 22/4. Did you upgrade? Perhaps a new bug has been introduced.

Any complications set up?

And something else to check:

Thanks - So I had Tesla watch with background polling off and also in travel mode, so it shouldn't ever wake the car. I also had IO off. But the car never slept!

IO now reconnected and its sleeping....as it was when I just did the Watch app yesterday. I do wonder if there is something when both are connected that caused me issues?
How long had it not been sleeping for? I don't have IO or anything else that keeps the car awake under normal circumstances, but a handful of times it just wouldn't sleep. I've had it either stay awake permanently or go into a cycle of 11 minutes online, 49 minutes sleep for a whole day.

So far I've managed to get it to behave by just moving the car a bit on my drive, so it's been "used". It then starts sleeping properly again.

Like I said in an earlier post I believe IO wakes Car up on the hour, every hour regardless of anything else even if within the peak charge period (and fully charged). The pain is that the car will top off the charge each time It can cost more waking up during the day and squirting in a couple of kWh than getting a decent charge 10s of kWh during the night! If I remember in the morning I drop the charge limit 10% below the State of Charge.

Like I said in an earlier post I believe IO wakes Car up on the hour, every hour regardless of anything else even if within the peak charge period (and fully charged). The pain is that the car will top off the charge each time It can cost more waking up during the day and squirting in a couple of kWh than getting a decent charge 10s of kWh during the night! If I remember in the morning I drop the charge limit 10% below the State of Charge.

It does check in every hour BUT it knows not to trigger a charge until it's at the point where it is at a cheap rate it is a smart plan and knows when to start and stop a charge, just set it to what you want and for when and it'll calculate what's required all you need to do is toggle off the smart feature when out and about, a little inconvenient but it's a BETA product so there will be bugs etc.

Has anyone else had the Devices tab disappear in their Octopus app?

Has to been there since Friday for me, when I think they updated the app.

I cannot see if I am getting any extra charging slots over and above the 1130-530 slot. Also the car just stopped rated to charge the last time I plugged it in.

Has anyone else had the Devices tab disappear in their Octopus app?

Has to been there since Friday for me, when I think they updated the app.

I cannot see if I am getting any extra charging slots over and above the 1130-530 slot. Also the car just stopped rated to charge the last time I plugged it in.
Same here, lost it on Friday. Only plugged in to charge now though - car isnt charging so figure something in the background is working.
Did you solve it?

I have been on to Octopus who have asked me to do all the usual things such as update the app and my phone, delete and reload the app and the Tesla app. Nothing has helped.

I think it is a bug from the app update released on Friday.

Mine is doing the same in that today it stopped charging a little while after I plugged it in and so I think it will charge tonight as normal. But I cannot see if I have any extra cheap slots.

It's a shame Octopus don't let us control more to do with IO with the API. E.g change the charge %, switch it on and off. Then it would be very easy to setup automations even in something like Siri Shortcuts to disabled it for example in the day then re-enable it. I guess really they don't want us doing this but the drain from waking the car all the time is very real.

It's a shame Octopus don't let us control more to do with IO with the API. E.g change the charge %, switch it on and off. Then it would be very easy to setup automations even in something like Siri Shortcuts to disabled it for example in the day then re-enable it. I guess really they don't want us doing this but the drain from waking the car all the time is very real.
eh?
it does exactly that via app... :/