Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy referral code please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heyyall.
Just moved to the UK along with me MS. seems like Octopus go would be the best deal around for home charging- will need a referral (the 2nd PM will get it)... and whats the deal with charging everyone gets at home - charging speed for the 4 hours we get at 5p/kWh? Not sure if I get 3 Phase 32A like my mate in Hong Kong does but lets assume I wont get that.....

Assuming I need to commute some 50 miles a day? (If I dont I guess I can easily fit in grocery shopping and a weekend trip to top up the battery pack over the 5-6 nights a week + supermarket charging)

Heyyall.
Just moved to the UK along with me MS. seems like Octopus go would be the best deal around for home charging- will need a referral (the 2nd PM will get it)... and whats the deal with charging everyone gets at home - charging speed for the 4 hours we get at 5p/kWh? Not sure if I get 3 Phase 32A like my mate in Hong Kong does but lets assume I wont get that.....

Assuming I need to commute some 50 miles a day? (If I dont I guess I can easily fit in grocery shopping and a weekend trip to top up the battery pack over the 5-6 nights a week + supermarket charging)
On its way!

The four-hour charging window at 5p a unit is enough to add about 120miles each night.

Heyyall.

sent :)

Reactions: icemankaka
Heyyall.

Phase 3 is unlikely in the UK but not unheard of.

On Go, yes 4 hours at 5p. Not so sure what that equates to in kWh on the S though. It's about 40% charge on a long range Model 3 if you're able to compare with that.

Have you seen/considered the Agile tariff?

Heyyall.

Most home chargers will be ~7kw (single phase 32A), so 28kWh over the four hour Go window. 3 phase is very unlikey for residential in the UK. 50 miles will be ~15kWh, so you should be fine!

PS, hope I was 2nd...