Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy referral code please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Noob here. From what I've read on various threads Octopus is the way forward (I did look at EDF but...). My setup is:
  • Picking up new M3SR+ next week.
  • Have got Ohme charger and am awaiting installers to call me to arrange fitting.
  • I don't have a smart meter and was looking to change gas / leccy provider anyway - one of those jobs I've been meaning to do for ages but couldn't be arsed. Now I have motivation!
Anyway, do I just sign up with Octopus Go (or is it Agile?) using a referral code I'm sure one of you lovely people can send) and they just magically sort it all out? Or have I missed something important?

Thanks for your help,
S

Basically you need to sign up to octopus using the referral code that I just sent you, or anyone else who has been helpful, and you will then temporarily go on a standard package.

Then once smart meter is installed and checked that is it sending readings suitable for a smart tariff, you can then switch tariff from there - can be done online and normally starts same evening.

Basically you need to sign up to octopus using the referral code that I just sent you, or anyone else who has been helpful, and you will then temporarily go on a standard package.

Then once smart meter is installed and checked that is it sending readings suitable for a smart tariff, you can then switch tariff from there - can be done online and normally starts same evening.
Thank you! Just wanted to make sure I avoided schoolboy errors.

Reactions: MrBadger