Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus GO beware!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update, I did nothing, said nothing,

GOF rolled over for another 12 months, now April 2023 - 14.7p/5p with a 25p standing charge.

Very pleased :p

Might see if the neighbours want to run an extension lead from my garage 🤣
As per the thread... ignore it, do nothing, say nothing, and you will roll over on the same prices for another year.

Can confirm that this happened to me today. I’m on the December 2019 v1 rate card (Go Faster for 5 hours from 20h30) for another year.

Reactions: btc1k and Alan J
Yeah my user account seems to suggest that

Attachments

• 751FC9C6-D047-4462-AADC-55D49C5F7DF7.png
    751FC9C6-D047-4462-AADC-55D49C5F7DF7.png
    435.3 KB · Views: 126
I’m beginning to wonder if Octopus has got a good supply contract conditional on a lot of power being used during the GO period so are they desperate not to lose GO customers, hence their generosity with the basic GO contract and renewals?
It certainly is odd. Rolling over my Go faster will probably save me £1000 over the next 12 months they must have some good reason for giving up that money

Reactions: gangzoom and btc1k
It certainly is odd. Rolling over my Go faster will probably save me £1000 over the next 12 months they must have some good reason for giving up that money

Don't complain or ask any questions!!

Domestic electricity prices aren't quite there yet, but if prices get close to 40-50p/kWh for home owners I'll be making use of the 'free Supercharging' for life our car alot more.

Gas prices next winter is going to horrific though :(.

Reactions: btc1k