Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go Faster

What Octopus Go tariff would you choose

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
‘Obviously’ a smart meter is needed for this to work... I’m not completely stupid thank you.....

the smart meter is the unit under the stairs that was installed by the engineer.... the small crappy thing that shows me what the rate is...... is just an interface that connects over wi if to the smart meter under the stairs.

update: after much moaning they have miraculously decided to enable everything....shouldn’t have to do this to get service.

That was clearly a mistake, it is impossible for you to be on a smart tariff that obviously requires 30 min data without actually having a smart meter.

Certainly not helpful to have that kind of mistake, but how did you imagine it was going to work since you obviously were not taking meter readings at 00:30 and 04:30?

They will offer you a refund of some kind I have no doubt of that, but exactly how much and how they could possible calculate it without the meter readings I have no idea...
O

Nice - I called them yesterday and they understandably said that currently they are not sending out engineers to install the required Smart 2 meters (I think we have a Smart 1) - so will have to wait until we are switched to the Go Tariff :(

Do you know which brand of meter you have?

You/they may already have checked this, but they can usually use 'Secure' branded SMETS1 meters, but not others...

Octopus do not charge exit fees.
As far as your Gas is concerned - can I suggest you go on to a comparison site and see what is available for your postcode.
Once you have found the cheapest deal, factor in another £40 off with a referral to SO Energy.
It worked for me.

How often can you change tariffs with them?

What are their gas tariffs like. I can’t seem to find them listed anywhere.
As often as you like! There are no exit fees.

I moved my electric and gas over to them - and then moved to a newer gas tariff they had a few weeks later as the price had gone down. Quick email was all it took.

Gas tariff was cheaper than EDF - however I've since moved my gas to British Gas. Tariff rates are here - Octopus Energy

• Helpful
Reactions: Roy W.
How often can you change tariffs with them?

What are their gas tariffs like. I can’t seem to find them listed anywhere.
I’ve also recently changed gas tariffs. I was paying 3.2p a unit, now down to 2.1p, so saving a third! Personally I prefer to have both fuels from the same supplier, but Octopus don’t have any dual-fuel discount, so there’s no financial incentive to do that.

Likewise, just a quick email to them and they sent me a gas quote for the new cheaper tariff. I accepted that online and was instantly on the new tariff.

I know it varies for some people, but I’ve always found their customer service to be good.