Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go price increases..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to.update the thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-131657_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-131657_Firefox.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Informative
Reactions: NewbieT
Have trouble finding that article on their website, to double check the publication date - do you mind sharing a link.

Thanks
You have to be a member of their forum to access the information. I just thought I'd publicise it more widely as its "hot off the press". No doubt it'll be more widely published soon. I'm just glad I switched to Go in the summer. I was contemplating switching to Go Faster but I'm stuck with Go now.

You have to be a member of their forum to access the information. I just thought I'd publicise it more widely as its "hot off the press". No doubt it'll be more widely published soon. I'm just glad I switched to Go in the summer. I was contemplating switching to Go Faster but I'm stuck with Go now.
I started a switch earlier in the week when it was still 15p and a bit, but cause they have to temporarily put me on an interim tariff until they connect to my smets2 meter I'm concerned they won't give me the go rate at the time I started the move.

I started a switch earlier in the week when it was still 15p and a bit, but cause they have to temporarily put me on an interim tariff until they connect to my smets2 meter I'm concerned they won't give me the go rate at the time I started the move.
my parents are in exactly the same position. part way through a switch with their existing Smets 2 meter.
They were on a rate fixed at 15p until Jan 23. I told them to call and if Octopus will not honour the price when they switched to cancel the move and stay with their existing supplier ( at least until they go bust). You have 14 days to change your mind.

I think this will change how I use my storage battery.

Currently I let my Zappi charge the Tesla from 12.30 to 2.30 then charge the 7kw storage battery from 2.30 to 4.30.

This never quite fills the battery, so when my 15p rate ends I think l’ll let it fill up to 100 % on 5p juice.

Also, this makes me want to scale up to a fourth one of these:

Last edited:
Why don't you fill them both at the same time?
To make a long story short, the stupid Zappi can’t distinguish between solar generation and juice stored in the battery. It sees them both as “excess solar” and will let the Tesla charge from the storage battery at 12.30 at night while the battery is trying to charge from the grid.

So to manage this the car is set to charge first , followed be the house battery. They have to share this 4 hour period of 5p juice in that order.

I guess the question is(though I think i know the answer) is that once the wholesale price goes down. Will they reduce their rates..
They will if they start to lose customers.
the bills tell you the average price per KW you are paying. Once my average price goes above what I can get as a flat rate elsewhere then I will move, (or if someone else offers an EV tariff that is better). Currently on my fixed until early 2022 rate I am averaging 10p per kwh guessing it will be a while before I get back to that again once it runs out 😟

Me too. Think I might stop the transfer.
Neon Reef are competitive enough on e7 tariff but will they be able to ride out the wave?

They will if they start to lose customers.
the bills tell you the average price per KW you are paying. Once my average price goes above what I can get as a flat rate elsewhere then I will move, (or if someone else offers an EV tariff that is better). Currently on my fixed until early 2022 rate I am averaging 10p per kwh guessing it will be a while before I get back to that again once it runs out 😟
Yeah I run out in Jan 22. so kinda hoping they review prices quarterly. Also hoping solar and battery will help offset the increases otherwise.