Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go - renewal?

Dougall1248

Jul 28, 2020
Glasgow
Moderator comment - thread renamed from "Octopus Go"

It looks like the good times are over. Just got my renewal notice from Octopus. It seems night rate has doubled. Has anyone had a similar email about Agile?
I think I need to change. I enjoyed the lack of bother with Go but at around 10p a unit I can do better.

Last edited by a moderator:

phil4

Sep 8, 2020
UK
It's winter, they'll all be jacking their prices up :)

I think they notify 30 days ahead, and my guess is they won't be changing the website until a bit closer to that time (misleading - just a bit!).

Dougall1248

Jul 28, 2020
Glasgow
I use their Agile tariff, haven't received any notifications from them recently.

Does look like it's still a 5p/kWh rate according to their website though?
Octopus Energy
According to my quotes for renewal all night time rates are in double figures. It doesn't stipulate 12.30 to 4.30. I have emailed for clarification but its cheap rate that they quoted would mean that for Go I will be gone.

Dougall1248

Jul 28, 2020
Glasgow
My renewal is 14th November.
About your Electricity tariff
Supplier Octopus Energy
Tariff name Not applicable
Tariff type 12-month fixed-term
Payment method Direct Debit
Day / Night rate 17.4825 / 12.0435p per kWh
Standing charge 21.17p per day

Tariff ends on 12 months from start of supply
Price guaranteed until 12 months from start of supply
Exit fees (if you cancel this tariff before the end date) Not applicable
Discounts and additional charges Not applicable
Additional products or services included Not applicable
Illustrative cost on this tariff.
One of my quotes.

phil4

Sep 8, 2020
UK
That sounds like they've moved you to a completely different Econ 7 type tariff.

Perhaps they're binning Go altogether.

akenham

M3 LR AWD+ 2020
Sep 19, 2020
East Anglia, UK
They're still quoting 5p night rate for my area (East of England) - I wonder if it's regional?

If it's simply a price hike because you're not a new customer than that's rubbish.

Beej4

Aug 14, 2020
Cambridge
My Octopus Go details on my account still show the 5p rate for the 4hrs overnight. I've had no email to say otherwise.

upload_2020-9-29_16-11-11.png

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Can't actually find octopus go anymore, I was looking for when my contract expires in January. Looks like it's agile or a more expensive tariff!
Octopus Energy

I think they still consider it to be a 'beta' tariff. If you're not already with Octopus you'll need to sign up on a standard tariff until they start to supply you then switch to Go or Agile.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC