Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go - renewal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just switched to Go from their green tariff a few days ago. Getting the SMET2 meter installed was the biggest delay.

MIne was installed a few weeks ago and I switched back in February, all due to COVID Meters now aren’t working, after working on Go for about 48 hours, so god knows when i will have something usable.

I really want them to be successful, for many reasons. But my experience so far has been easily as bad, if not worse than every other supplier I have had. But hopeful they will come good in the end.

Can't actually find octopus go anymore, I was looking for when my contract expires in January. Looks like it's agile or a more expensive tariff!
its still there. Where it always was in "innovative tariffs"

upload_2020-9-29_18-57-8.png

• Informative
Reactions: Beady3647
My switch from British Gas to Octopus completes tomorrow and I already have a SMETS 2 smart meter so fingers crossed they start getting meter readings immediatly and every 30 minutes. Hopefully I can then move onto the Go tariff quickly because the standard Octopus one is more expensive than my current one with British Gas!

OK everyone on Octopus Go.
Panic over (I hope). Emails back and forward to Octopus. It seems that although I was quoted for gas and electricity, only the gas would apply to me and electricity would continue as before. I must say that in the renewal invitation that was as clear as mud. No mention was made that electricity would stay on Go
I'll be watching smart readings carefully come the 14th November.

Last edited:
Yes just switched to Octopus Go, active from tonight!

At 5p per kWh between 12:30 and 4:30 Go remains a great deal for EV owners who can routinely fit their charging into that 4 hour window. It's been very rare for me to require to charge during the standard rate electricity period ... though I will sometimes give myself a winter morning treat by having the heating on for a while before leaving! The other popular option, Agile, seems to come out on top in many instances but is less of a reliable bargain than it once was. Horses for courses but either way it feels good to take advantage of these tariffs knowing that they are tied into 100% renewable generation.

Reactions: Roy W.