Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go - renewal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they not mention up to 10 working days. We are dual fuel with them, one happened same say, the other one took the full 10 days before they would talk about investigating - there was something wrong, but it got sorted immediately they were willing to investigate. Bills took much longer to sort :rolleyes:

Moderator comment - thread merged from "OctopusEnergy GO TARIFF"

I’m very confused ... doesn’t take much !

ive been with OctopusEnergy since Nov 19 and my Go tariff comes to the end in March.
The email from them doesn’t give me the option of Go... only to be on their Variable, Fixed or Green tariff .

looking around they still seem to do the show tariff and it seems to be my best option , but I can’t see how I can select it even with selecting one of the tariffs above ...

Anyone done this recently ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be worth you thinking about Go Faster too.

Basically, Go Faster is like Go but with more flexibility. You can choose 3, 4 or 5 hours at 4.5p, 5p or 5.5p/kWh respectively, starting from 20:30 all the way up to 03:30 (with a caveat being that your chosen period can’t go beyond 06:30, so if you chose 5 hours the latest start time could be is 01:30, etc)

If you happen to leave for work early in the morning it could mean that your car is preconditioned from charming as you’re about to leave, and of course a start time of 20:30 could mean putting stuff like dishwasher, tumble dryer, etc on is cheaper.

Go Faster is not publicised on the website anywhere as far as I know, it is invite only, but I emailed [email protected] and asked to go on it and was accepted.

I got a similar email, but when the time came around I received another email saying my fixed rate tariff had ended and now I was on the Octopus Go tariff even though I was already on it.

I think it is just a matter of their back end system sending out automatic end of tariff emails.
If you need reassurance give them a call.

I had a similar email stating that my tariff was coming to an end, so I replied requesting to stay on Go Faster.
Their reply:
Looks like you are due to remain on the Go Faster tariff but the gas tariff is coming to an end at the beginning of February.

It might be worth you thinking about Go Faster too.

Basically, Go Faster is like Go but with more flexibility. You can choose 3, 4 or 5 hours at 4.5p, 5p or 5.5p/kWh respectively, starting from 20:30 all the way up to 03:30 (with a caveat being that your chosen period can’t go beyond 06:30, so if you chose 5 hours the latest start time could be is 01:30, etc)

If you happen to leave for work early in the morning it could mean that your car is preconditioned from charming as you’re about to leave, and of course a start time of 20:30 could mean putting stuff like dishwasher, tumble dryer, etc on is cheaper.

Go Faster is not publicised on the website anywhere as far as I know, it is invite only, but I emailed [email protected] and asked to go on it and was accepted.
Great, good shout I have just emailed them

I’m very confused ... doesn’t take much !

ive been with OctopusEnergy since Nov 19 and my Go tariff comes to the end in March.
The email from them doesn’t give me the option of Go... only to be on their Variable, Fixed or Green tariff .

looking around they still seem to do the show tariff and it seems to be my best option , but I can’t see how I can select it even with selecting one of the tariffs above ...

Anyone done this recently ?
Check my post 29th September "Octopus Go". Exact same problem. I emailed and they said no problem but when my time was up I was paying the full rate. Another email worked but watch it like a hawk as soon as your year is up.

Moderator comment - post along with rest of thread merged from "OctopusEnergy GO TARIFF" and renamed from "Octopus Go"

Reactions: Ant M3
Yeah I had something similar, I was a regular Octopus customer, got my email with renewal options around the same time I started looking at ordering a Tesla and, thanks to you guys, found out about the go tariff.

Emailed them and within 24 hours they sent me a link to click that had an option on it to select that tariff for a year.

I think its because they are still in beta, which seems to be anyones excuse to make you pay for stuff that might not work as intended all the time.

As an option, you could maybe try this link:

Moderator comment - removed personalised link with account number

When I click it now it just says you are already on that Tariff....might work for others?

I'm just going through the renewal process - all rather confusing communication with 2 days notice.

Apparently, I'm moving from Octopus Go June 2018 to Octopus Go June 2018 o_O I clarified if this meant I was to be no longer on the fixed rate and within a few minutes I told yes, but I could roll onto another 12 month tarrif. I asked them to do this but nothing since.

I look to be back on a non fixed term tarrif, albeit the correct Go June 2018 one and same rates. Having to chase them again to get these fixed for 12 months.