Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go - renewal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm yeah ... it is very confusing , the only downside with octopus along with their sketchy email communication
In the end I had to email them to say that my deal was coming to and end and that I wanted to remain on the fixed Go Tarif (I ended up changing to the Go Faster )
They eventually came back to me and now sorted

So my Octopus Go Faster fixed Tariff ran out last week.
Octopus have renewed it fixed for another year on the same standing charge, day rate and night rate.
I have no idea why but I am seriously not complaining. It will amount to a saving of about £1000 over the next year compared to the current go rates.
I had heard several other people on here say the same over the last few months but I did not think I would be that lucky
cheers Octopus🍾

I know they were doing that in early February, but surprised they're still doing it. Maybe you fell through the cracks on that because my renewal and a friends happened around that time and the info I'd found at the time suggested they were honouring renewal prices at that point, but not onwards.

Nice result!

So my Octopus Go Faster fixed Tariff ran out last week.
Octopus have renewed it fixed for another year on the same standing charge, day rate and night rate.
I have no idea why but I am seriously not complaining. It will amount to a saving of about £1000 over the next year compared to the current go rates.
I had heard several other people on here say the same over the last few months but I did not think I would be that lucky
cheers Octopus🍾

Excellent result. Not what happened to me.

Did you get the renewal email and the comment on your account the day before the change that there was going to be a tariff change? The day before the swap, my account had the new tariff, the flexible one and I wasn't going to risk being moved to that and have difficulty moving back.

At least my gas is still fixed for another year or so. When my rate went 1.5x to 3p last year I thought I was being a little hard done by but glad that I played safe. Swings and roundabouts, although leccy might have given a bigger saving.

Excellent result. Not what happened to me.

Did you get the renewal email and the comment on your account the day before the change that there was going to be a tariff change? The day before the swap, my account had the new tariff, the flexible one and I wasn't going to risk being moved to that and have difficulty moving back.

At least my gas is still fixed for another year or so. When my rate went 1.5x to 3p last year I thought I was being a little hard done by but glad that I played safe. Swings and roundabouts, although leccy might have given a bigger saving.
I did get an email the day before which was clearly a template for coming off of a fixed rate and onto a variable one but the name of the tariff at the relevant points was "Octopus Go Faster" I then checked the web site and it showed my new tariff was indeed Octopus go faster the same version of it that I was on before and with the same rates "Fixed term ends 12/03/2023".
Not so lucky with gas. My gas supplier was one of the first to go under so early in fact my new supplier actually put me on a decent fixed rate for 6 months. Expired now sadly so onto price cap for me. Anyone know where I can pick up some cheap storage heaters...... :)

• Funny
Reactions: Rooster6655
I did get an email the day before which was clearly a template for coming off of a fixed rate and onto a variable one but the name of the tariff at the relevant points was "Octopus Go Faster" I then checked the web site and it showed my new tariff was indeed Octopus go faster the same version of it that I was on before and with the same rates "Fixed term ends 12/03/2023".
Not so lucky with gas. My gas supplier was one of the first to go under so early in fact my new supplier actually put me on a decent fixed rate for 6 months. Expired now sadly so onto price cap for me. Anyone know where I can pick up some cheap storage heaters...... :)
So you got no email at all about my new rates? Only the day before?

So you got no email at all about my new rates? Only the day before?
All I got was the below. It was actually 2 days before now I check.

We thought you should know that on 12th March 2022, you'll reach the end of your fixed term, and automatically moved to Octopus Go Faster: our always great value variable tariff.

Our prices have been adjusted recently to account for the latest changes in wholesale costs. You'll always find the most up-to-date rates in your online account.

You don't need to do anything, but if you'd like to fix your prices, you can do so at any time in your online account.

Good to know: Our Octopus Go Faster has no exit fees, so you're always in control.

Kind regards,
Pete Miller
Head of Customer Experience
"

Clearly a standard email not designed for a continuation

I read the other day there is no rule any more. Not sure how true that is.

Where did you read that the 42-49 day notification rule ended? I can't find any reference to that, only reference to it's existence on OFGEM's site.

I can't see any reason why OFGEM would remove it, it's in the consumers interest.

I suspect OFGEM would take a dim view of any provider not following this, especially so in the current climate.

Where did you read that the 42-49 day notification rule ended? I can't find any reference to that, only reference to it's existence on OFGEM's site.

I can't see any reason why OFGEM would remove it, it's in the consumers interest.

I suspect OFGEM would take a dim view of any provider not following this, especially so in the current climate.
It was an article on moneysavingexpert.