Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go - Specific Charging Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an Andersen and the Konnect+ app works fine with Octopus Go. Set the schedule up in the Konnect+ app and then just plug the car in. The car then sits there until the Andersen starts to supply power. The next morning I usually have a notification or two from the Tesla app telling me that charging wa iinterrupted at some point prior to charging starting. I guess that comes from the car knowing that's it's plugged in, it asked for power and gets none.

Looking at the stats in the Konnect+app I can see that no power was supplied before or after the scheduled times. If I want preconditioning then I just tell Konnect+ to manually open the taps.
Setting up a schedule in the Konnect+ app essentially denies handshaking outside of the scheduled time(s), so the car thinks the charging equipment is broken. Don't think it causes any problems, but the car treats it as a type of failure in terms of notifications etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Zakalwe
Setting up a schedule in the Konnect+ app essentially denies handshaking outside of the scheduled time(s), so the car thinks the charging equipment is broken. Don't think it causes any problems, but the car treats it as a type of failure in terms of notifications etc.

That makes sense. I guess the handshaking protocols between car and EVSE doesn't include "I've got the powa but na,na,na you aint getting any until I say so <blows raspberry>" :D

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel
That makes sense. I guess the handshaking protocols between car and EVSE doesn't include "I've got the powa but na,na,na you aint getting any until I say so <blows raspberry>" :D
Yup :) The car knows it is connected to a charger, but the charger is essentially refusing to communicate.

You could argue this is the most robust way for Andersen to prevent unauthorised charger use (I don't know how big electron theft really is in practice) but the car doesn't know why its not being allowed to talk to the charger, so moans about it.

Reactions: Zakalwe
If you want strict controls then using the charger timing seems to make sense. If you want to precondition etc you just flick the zappi etc into fast mode and then the Tesla app should be able to do its thing?

if you precondition every day, then use the Tesla ‘depart at’ setting, try to get ‘go faster’ window that lines up with your departure time, and just accept that if you are on low SoC it might start a little into your peak time (again adjust go faster 3/4/5 hours as you get settled into your average SoC requirements to minimise this)