Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go vs Standard Variable Rate after price cap increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just had a look at what the SVR will be after the cap is increased in April and it looks like a bit of a no brainier in getting onto Octopus Go

SVR
£0.28 per KWh
Daily standing charge: £0.45

Octopus Go
29.64p per KWh (peak)
7.50p per KWh (off peak)
Daily standard charge: 26.45p

I should probably get my skates on and move from British Gas before my car arrives in March so I can get onto it ASAP. Hopefully they won’t bump up the price before then…

Reactions: Considered1
I'm eagerly keen to hear what's happening to Go customers whose term ends over the coming weeks/months.

At what point does the previous rate stop rolling over, we already know those previously rolled over, but what about those coming up next.

I'm eagerly keen to hear what's happening to Go customers whose term ends over the coming weeks/months.

At what point does the previous rate stop rolling over, we already know those previously rolled over, but what about those coming up next.

I think the new rates start from 4th January 2022

So if your previous Go Rate renewed before this date, then you're on the old rate.

If you renew after this date, I think you're on the new rate

I’ve been notified that mine goes to 7.5p & 30.7p in October this year but I will have enjoyed 2 years at the lower rate.

Mine comes up on the 8th Feb. I was told I’ll be on the same rate for electricity till Oct 22 but the gas rate they asked me to choose a different tariff from 8th Feb.

Reactions: Irata
Mine comes up on the 8th Feb. I was told I’ll be on the same rate for electricity till Oct 22 but the gas rate they asked me to choose a different tariff from 8th Feb.

Thank you.

It proves something is still going on with octopus rolling the old rates forward until October.

It will be interesting to discover when we stop seeing this. I suspect it's a system issue.