Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Go vs Standard Variable Rate after price cap increase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you.

It proves something is still going on with octopus rolling the old rates forward until October.

It will be interesting to discover when we stop seeing this. I suspect it's a system issue.
Not so sure, I requested them to keep me on the old tariff then I got the confirmation saying my electricity tariff will remain the same (expecting off peak to be 5p rather than 7.5p) but their gas tariff has definitely tripled!

I can't see that forum.

But for those on Go who have ignored the renewal email....on here people have rolled into the old rates until at least October. As has been posted on here.
OK the tldr is that people are getting renewals at the new rates, Octopus "fixed" the autorenewals on old rates in January, and some are still slipping through.

OK the tldr is that people are getting renewals at the new rates, Octopus "fixed" the autorenewals on old rates in January, and some are still slipping through.

So the trick is to find the anomaly and use it. So far it looks like those on this forum hit the anomaly rather a lot.

Hence keen to hear going forward what people are seeing.

Just ask them to keep you on low tariff or your current tariff, they mostly oblige. The trick is not many people ask them what they want!
Whilst that might have worked in the past, this is what happens now.

Attachments

• 1644176689265.png
    1644176689265.png
    337.6 KB · Views: 103