Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #27 is available now with topics time-stamped. We discussed: Consolidation in LiDAR manufacturers; Volvo EX90 shipping with LiDAR; FSD Beta Full Release in N.A.; FSD detecting autopilot cheats, Gwen Shotwell directly overseeing SpaceX Starship; and more. You can watch it now on YouTube. We should have it published to podcast networks shortly.

Octopus intelligent tariff

Hi

I’m in the process of getting a meter meter installed 4 weeks away.

What are the chances of Octopus putting up their intelligent and go tariff for new customers?

The price cap comes into effect on the 1st October which is exactly 3 months away when would Octopus pull their current tariff?

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon
I think he's asking how long will the prices stay as they are until they go up, due to the october price rise.

Its hard to say. I literally switched last week, partly due to convenience and partly because of not wanting to leave it too long to miss out.

If memory serves, Octopus were one of the last companies to put their prices up and waited until AFTER the previous price cap increase to do so. So in theory they won't change until October at least, but in these situations nobody really knows except for Octopus themselves.

You just gotta go with your gut. The positive is that you are not tied into a minimum contract, so should by some miracle, prices start to drop, you can always switch again.

DoricJim

Oct 26, 2021
UK
I think he's asking how long will the prices stay as they are until they go up, due to the october price rise.

Its hard to say. I literally switched last week, partly due to convenience and partly because of not wanting to leave it too long to miss out.

If memory serves, Octopus were one of the last companies to put their prices up and waited until AFTER the previous price cap increase to do so. So in theory they won't change until October at least, but in these situations nobody really knows except for Octopus themselves.

You just gotta go with your gut. The positive is that you are not tied into a minimum contract, so should by some miracle, prices start to drop, you can always switch again.
Sure thing, but without a smart meter it is academic and will be what it is once it has been installed. Doubt anyone can accurately predict when energy companies will put up tariffs.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC