Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus intelligent tariff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

I’m in the process of getting a meter meter installed 4 weeks away.

What are the chances of Octopus putting up their intelligent and go tariff for new customers?

The price cap comes into effect on the 1st October which is exactly 3 months away when would Octopus pull their current tariff?

Once onboard with a smart meter just sign up in the Octopus app, should be automatic. Was a few months ago.

You’ll just pay whatever the deal is at that time fixed for 12m.

PS if you search the forums you will see plenty of posts on this topic already

Reactions: btc1k
I think he's asking how long will the prices stay as they are until they go up, due to the october price rise.

Its hard to say. I literally switched last week, partly due to convenience and partly because of not wanting to leave it too long to miss out.

If memory serves, Octopus were one of the last companies to put their prices up and waited until AFTER the previous price cap increase to do so. So in theory they won't change until October at least, but in these situations nobody really knows except for Octopus themselves.

You just gotta go with your gut. The positive is that you are not tied into a minimum contract, so should by some miracle, prices start to drop, you can always switch again.

I think he's asking how long will the prices stay as they are until they go up, due to the october price rise.

Its hard to say. I literally switched last week, partly due to convenience and partly because of not wanting to leave it too long to miss out.

If memory serves, Octopus were one of the last companies to put their prices up and waited until AFTER the previous price cap increase to do so. So in theory they won't change until October at least, but in these situations nobody really knows except for Octopus themselves.

You just gotta go with your gut. The positive is that you are not tied into a minimum contract, so should by some miracle, prices start to drop, you can always switch again.
Sure thing, but without a smart meter it is academic and will be what it is once it has been installed. Doubt anyone can accurately predict when energy companies will put up tariffs.