Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Plans and renewals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in a similar situation with renewal due early September and those higher tariffs proffered.
I was on single rate electricity and recently had a smart meter fitted but they weren't billing me for gas!
I emailed octopus about the gas and asked about EV charging.
They fixed the gas bill and sent me a link to sign up for the GO tariff which I used to switch same day and good for the next 12 months :)
Were you already with octopus?

They sent me a link to switch but their website won’t allow you to… you just get a message warning about the price rise and to call the number!

Not had any luck calling that number 😕

Were you already with octopus?

They sent me a link to switch but their website won’t allow you to… you just get a message warning about the price rise and to call the number!

Not had any luck calling that number 😕
Yes, already been on Octopus for a year having joined Octopus last September when I collected the Tesla but it took them nine months to get around to installing a smart meter for me - in June this year!
Electric and gas were showing on the IHD but subsequent "smart bills" did not include Gas.
On querying this I asked at the same time for an EV tariff and they fixed the gas charge and invited me onto GO.
By then it was very close to renewal time and their single-tariff new rates were high (21p-ish?) so was pleasantly surprised when offered the GO rate of 16p day and 5p for the 4-hour night slot.

Of course right now all the rates are really high for new customers plus they are accommodating stranded AVRO customers.