Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Plans and renewals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

does anyone know of the best app that will help me see how much it’ll cost me to charge my car up either peak or off peak? The octopus app is clunky and my charger has the worst app known to man (BP pulse).
are there any 3rd party apps?

Do you just mean a spreadsheet that you can put in the price/kWh and the number of kWh used?

No, most home chargers come with fancy apps that show costs over last 24 hours, 7 days, month, year etc. My home charger is rubbish and Octopus don't really have a streamlined app.
It would be good that I could see the total cost to charge my car just simply from calculating it when I plug in, much like Supercharging does.

I can easily calculate it using the formula above, however there may be times I'm plugged in past the off peak rate etc, so would just be nice to see everything at a glance. The closest app so far I have found is OctopusCompare.

Ecotricity are exempt from the price cap so I'd be heading to pastures new if I was with them. Given they're responsible for strangling the UK's EV charging network with their crap installations and monopolistic tendencies I don't understand why anyone would voluntarily give them money anyway.

If you’re at the end of your fixed period you could just re-fix on the new Go tarrif? 5p at night…25p-ish day. Email them.

Yeh I’m coming to the end of my Go Tariff for the year

Those prices are their “new” Go Tariff rates

Basically 5p a KWh is becoming 25p a kWh, according to my email anyway

• Disagree
Reactions: btc1k
Yeh I’m coming to the end of my Go Tariff for the year

Those prices are their “new” Go Tariff rates

Basically 5p a KWh is becoming 25p a kWh, according to my email anyway
Are you sure? I've just checked using a Durham postcode on Octopus site and it listed 5.00p/ kWh 00:30 to 04:30 and 23.39p/ kWh for the rest of the day. Was their email formatted incorrectly?