Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Plans and renewals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well... We are a bit confused but as it stands I dont really think its worth the bother of calling and most probably get even more frustrated.

To put this into context, I am and have been since last year on the go tariff which the price guarantee expired this month. Here is an extract from an email sent.

We thought you should know that on 17th October 2021, you'll reach the end of your fixed term, and automatically moved to Octopus Go: our always great value variable tariff.

Our prices have been adjusted recently to account for the latest changes in wholesale costs.

You don't need to do anything, but if you'd like to fix your prices, you can do so at any time.

Good to know: Like all our tariffs, Octopus Go has no exit fees, so you're always in control.

Kind regard

The bill has come through today and only dates from the beginning of October to the 17th. I now dont know if we are to expect another bill shortly ( from the 18th up to the 31st of October) or wether this will be in the December bill and will be for November and that portion of October.

As it stands, the pricing on the bill and online account remains unchanged for both peak and off peak but Im not confident that it will remain as such otherwise it would be pointless to have this partial billing.

Ill just have to wait and see what happens since there isn't anything one can really do at the moment regardless of the outcome.

My IHD screen goes dark every night just after midnight so I never get a display during the GO period to see what its charging £ when the car is charging.
At some point next day it wakes up and stays on until midnight again.
(It's permanently powered from its wall-wart)
Is there a setting for permanent display?

Interesting comments. Mine has just cut-over to the GO cheap rate and I'm using 5kW at 5p = 25p/hr. Not charging the car, but am using our air-sourced heat pump to keep us at 17C inside at night while it is 4C outside and also the immersion heater is now on.
image0.jpeg

My IHD screen goes dark every night just after midnight so I never get a display during the GO period to see what its charging £ when the car is charging.
At some point next day it wakes up and stays on until midnight again.
(It's permanently powered from its wall-wart)
Is there a setting for permanent display?
Go into settings on the IHD, there is a night mode setting on mine.

So… the email came this morning telling me my Go tariff ends tomorrow!
not sure what to make of it. The email link sends me to a horrendous quote but my account shows a different story.
see the two screenshots below
then there’s a third picture which is current Go rates in my area!
2A3F1355-B9F5-4F16-9A70-58B9AFFD83EF.png
6A5AC8C0-A790-42FD-B2B8-8D16C36582A7.png
616600D4-E9C0-48AB-A1C7-934E9A168ADF.png

I got that email too... talk about confusing:

"FYI You're about to roll onto our Octopus Go tariff".

"We though you should know that on 13th November 2021, you'll reach the end of your fixed term, and automatically moved to Octopus Go: our always great value variable tariff".

And right there, I've no idea what they're on about. I'm already on Go, I'd like to say on Go. And at no point does it seem to be a variable tariff. And yes, as you when I click the links, I get shown lots of massive numbers which are nothing to do with Go.

Mine ends on the 17th of this month - interested to see what happens here... Are you going to call/message them?

Keep the updates coming please!
If I was in @Dilly's position I'm not sure I would call just yet - may be advantageous to 'let it lie' and see what happens - keep the screenshots ready for a "...this is what you told me" discussion?

Mine ends on the 17th of this month - interested to see what happens here... Are you going to call/message them?

Keep the updates coming please!
The last of Dilly's pics, is as mine, it shows the current Go tariff on top (June 2018).

And then shows the new tariff below, also Go, also June 2018.

So no, if they do that, then actually I'm winning and I'll leave it. If they change me to the new more expensive Go, then I'll also leave them be, that's life. When I will call/message them is if they suddenly change me to a non-go standard tariff. Because that doesn't work very well for my charging. Will also update here when this happens.

Reactions: HenryT
I’m going sit tight and wait to see what happens tomorrow
i’ll report back !
Nothing will happen tomorrow but I would of thought that at the end of this month you will get a partial bill and you will have to wait until the following month to see what is what. See post #102

Imo, I dont think there is much point calling as I fear, for now, we are out of bargaining chips. At worst, there is a price cap but at least with EVs and petrol prices on the high, we are still better off than most.

Nothing will happen tomorrow but I would of thought that at the end of this month you will get a partial bill and you will have to wait until the following month to see what is what. See post #102

Imo, I dont think there is much point calling as I fear, for now, we are out of bargaining chips. At worst, there is a price cap but at least with EVs and petrol prices on the high, we are still better off than most.
According to the current tariffs, Go is about 25p peak, 5p off peak and 19p standing charge. Having solar and Powerwalls, I can live with that

Reactions: Js1977