Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus smart meter installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Engineer from AES Smart Metering has just left after fitting my new SMETS2 meters, much like @AYYC I switched to Octopus back in Feburary and ended up having my installed cancelled less than a week before thanks to the human malware.

Looking forward to getting switched over to Agile now to halve my £/kWh!

My son Switched to Octopus from SSE last month. He asked for a tracker rate until his SSE tied smartmeter could be changed. He was told they cant switch him onto the Tracker as they haven't enough staff working.
Anyone else heard this?

Just been switched to Octopus Agile. Can somebody tell me what this means in the settings menu. I thought it was the current kWh rate but it doesn’t match what’s on the Octopus website by a long shot and it doesn’t seem to update.

Also I have dual smart meters from Octopus but my Gas does not display on the house display unit, even if I move it directly next to the gas meter.

4991114C-9A38-443E-97A9-F953579D9140.jpeg

Just been switched to Octopus Agile. Can somebody tell me what this means in the settings menu. I thought it was the current kWh rate but it doesn’t match what’s on the Octopus website by a long shot and it doesn’t seem to update.

View attachment 565079

I queried this with Octopus a while back and they said they can't show the applicable cost per KWh on Agile as they can't send updates to the In-House displays fast enough.

An email exchange with Octopus a couple of days ago basically said I’d be waiting weeks yet for a smart meter installation, from late Jan/early Feb initial application.

I was seriously surprised therefore to get an email a little earlier offering a small selection of appointments for fitting next week, one of which has duly been booked.

Fingers crossed all goes okay...

Also I have dual smart meters from Octopus but my Gas does not display on the house display unit, even if I move it directly next to the gas meter.

View attachment 565079
Have you tried pressing the lightning bolt/flame button, it should switch to Gas then?

Yep. Just gives a “no bleep”.

I had my smart meter installed on Monday and have the same observation. I spoke to Octopus because the chap who installed the meters didn't really give any instructions or even next steps.
The lady said it should start working over the next week or two, by which time I should be ready to switchover to Go with the electricity tariff. She advised that if it doesn't work by then, then to give them a call and they will try a remote fix. They couldn't do it on the day as the technician needs to send the meter details back to his main office for them to send to Octopus.

We shall see...

Just to encourage those waiting to go on Agile, thanks to @Mr Miserable on another thread, I just installed the OctoWatchdog app. It shows that, over the last 28 days, I averaged 7.77 p/kWh overall which is lower than the 8.01 p/kWh off-peak Go Electric rate I used to get from EDF. I’ve no idea what my average used to be on EDF, but it would have been way higher than 8.01p when you consider the peak rate was 18.6p.

I hope Agile continues to be so attractive.

I emailed Octopus again earlier this week & got an almost immediate Smart Meter booking appointment for Wednesday morning next week.

I hope the new meter is no bigger than the current one - the meter box on the outside wall also has the main isolator switch, Henley earth block, PV meter + Zappi isolator & RCD all in a small consumer unit, Harvi wifi transmitter & a lot of cabling (&spiders)