Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus 'Wheel of Fortune'

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used to be there for me, but not anymore. Might have something to do with my electricity smart meter readings not working since 1/7...
Out of interest, do you have a Kaifa meter? I do and it stopped submitting readings on the 23rd of June.... "firmware issue", Octopus said...
On the plus side, if this goes on forever they won't be able to charge me for electricity used over a year ago (I think)....

Reactions: PITA
Out of interest, do you have a Kaifa meter? I do and it stopped submitting readings on the 23rd of June.... "firmware issue", Octopus said...
On the plus side, if this goes on forever they won't be able to charge me for electricity used over a year ago (I think)....
@ACarneiro Yes, it is a Kaifa meter. The remote display does show the usage, so I am pretty sure that they will be able to retrieve the data. At least it is a common problem and not just our one. My only worry is that they will request a manual meter reading and then it will be a tough discussion on what was used in the cheap hours.

@ACarneiro Yes, it is a Kaifa meter. The remote display does show the usage, so I am pretty sure that they will be able to retrieve the data. At least it is a common problem and not just our one. My only worry is that they will request a manual meter reading and then it will be a tough discussion on what was used in the cheap hours.
I'm going through this. After 3 months they moved me onto a "normal" tariff so they could bill me. The cheeky sods back dated that as well to the start of the problem, and now I'm stuck on the more expensive normal tariff until they sort out the meter. New firmware needed.

Funnily enough, my meter showed a new firmware update on the 20th and I now have all the missing readings back.
Sounds like it finally happened, might be worth you checking yours out @Cloggie and @phil4

Ah yes, Octopus now showing readings from Monday onwards....

Oddly doing a rough calc though, I'm almost better off on this temporary 17p/10p rate (if they can do the night rate properly), than Go on 24p/5p.

I tried the Wheel of Fortune earlier this month... misswiped and it trickled into the next slot and stopped on LOSE

Almost threw my phone across the room... I was robbed

You can tell it's just a 'techie' scam with the prizes being £64 and £512

Haha, no way Marketing thought of that...
It's probably decided the 'prize' even before the animation starts.. the visual bit is just making it fun. You don't even need to swipe, a click is enough, so it's not your fault.

I'm sure it must have paid out to someone, somewhere.. just very low odds.