Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Winter Workout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am and apparently I’m doing rubbish, way off target. No idea why, as I’m definitely following the tips. As I’m a recent customer (moved from Avro) I can only presume they don’t know my actual old usage.

Overall. Very disappointed.

I am and apparently I’m doing rubbish, way off target. No idea why, as I’m definitely following the tips. As I’m a recent customer (moved from Avro) I can only presume they don’t know my actual old usage.

Overall. Very disappointed.

Well, we're at the other end... apparently in their top 10% 😁

But I'm cheating a bit, because not only have we done all their 'tips' ... were also running an electric Heat Pump 😁

Screenshot_20211224-232139_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211224-232742_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Lord Farquad
I'm doing badly too, probably due to it being more colder and being too easy for the family to turn heating on with alexa!

Speaking of which, my fixed gas ends in March, any tips for getting best deal? Currently pay 3p kWh and tarrifs all look to be around 10p now, is it best just to do nothing and move to the flexible one?

I'm doing shockingly bad, which wasn't helped by the fact all my smart thermostats decided to throw a wobble for a couple of weeks and assume my other half was at home, when she was infact, not.

So instead of switching all the heating off it just kept pumping it out 100%.

BUT, she's gone away for a few weeks and as I'm pretty much either at work, or in bed all week, i'm hoping I can claw some of it back by just letting the house freeze lol

Just had another look, since we started this Winter Workout and we're still in the Top 10%

🤩🤩🤩

We have been using Gas Central heating in the mornings to heat up Bathrooms, towel rails, toilet rooms, shower rooms, kitchen etc...

... but then switching over to Heat Pump for rest of the day. Best of both worlds...

Screenshot_20220210-201243_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220210-201218_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: