Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... but in any event there is also a lot of information which can be retrieved using the 'accounts' end-point...

Thanks, but thats not available to us mere mortals, its also documented as a post, so will write data. Already tried it, and as a get, and other similar endpoint permutations (eg /account/{account number} = 404), it returns 403 - forbidden.

As @newbie_t says, our account number (A) also bears no relation to our gsp (H)

I do have a call out with the API team. Hopefully their documentation is incomplete.

That site I linked to must be doing something with the account number? If Octopus is a true REST API, I could also interrogate it to see if that revealed anything, but thought it easier to ask.

Received an email from Octopus offering to pay me for using electricity this Sunday ... that's very nice of them ... it's somewhat counterintuitive to find that you can "do them a favour" by using power! I've signed up for the 5am to 7am slot when they'll pay 5p a kWh for electricity used. A lower rate is of 2p per kWh is available for 2pm to 4pm. (you choose one slot or the other) I don't think you can take advantage unless you receive the invitation directly.

Heads up.

I've just had the hourly N2EX auction prices in for Sat...My bets are on silly cheap APX HH prices this weekend - like i've never seen before....So much renewable generation, not enough demand. Get charging..
Prices are up now. Of the 46 published 25 are negative (lowest -10.78p) and only the usual 6 above 1.1p in my region

Going to be a good day on Agile tomorrow...
upload_2020-5-22_17-0-47.png

Look at 7:00pm onwards tomorrow night. For ‘D’ region North West it’s 1.16p every slow until midnight. Weird.

Perhaps some kind of market control in the balancing/settling going on? Maybe everyone who can use excess electricity has already taken all they can at that point?