Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ODB2 bluetooth scanner questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tried searching through forum, but no luck.

I'm looking at having an always-on odb2 adapter connected to my Raven model X. So far looks like I need
- Cable harness HRN-CT06A11 - Geotab GO - Geotab Adapters - GPS Fleet Tracking
- ODB2 bluetooth scanner, seems OBDLink MX+ is the most universal option https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6

Overall setup seems to be quite large, any luck I can hide it behind the cubby? Are there any issues with 12v faster discharge by having it always connected? Is there a better/smaller cable harness available?

I don't know for the X but in my 3 the main cable part fits inside the original Tesla cover but not the OBD2 plug end and the adapter. That cable passes under the cover and I leave it between the center console and my drivers seat.
I don't think the 12V gets sighnificant discharge. I believe 12V on that bus cuts when the car goes to sleep, just like the rest of the 12V sockets, usb ports etc. Note that you could use a bluetooth console app to set some settings on the OBDLink to configure how it behaves, turns off etc. I haven't done that since everything has been running fine. With that said, it's hard to know if there is more 12V drain as the car wakes up by itself to charge the 12V when it decides it's too low.