Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd 2024.24.1 update issue?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S: was running 21.12.25.7 yesterday.

Went into the car a few hours ago and saw the 2024.24.1 software, which I started to dl/install (see pics).

i went back out a few hours later to check on it….the software is still 21.12.25 and the 2024 software isn’t even available anymore? Any ideas?

Attachments

• F984DACD-F7BF-4C4C-B072-4F74C2BDCF8F.jpeg
    F984DACD-F7BF-4C4C-B072-4F74C2BDCF8F.jpeg
    738.7 KB · Views: 77
So who's 2021.24.2 actually rolling out to. Doesn't seem to be tied to any specific models or configs. It's also not the beta FSB people.

There are only ~ 120 installs with not really any pending.

It seems ~ 95% are or will be on 2021.12.25.7 given the current and pending installs.

So why push 2021.24.2 out then, and to only ~ 120 people, who seem to have nothing in common.

Upvote 0
Among teslafi users, but remember that's just a subset of the whole tesla user base, so in reality it's thousands of installs.
Yes, but it's the only (semi reasonable) basis we have to use as a reprehensive sample.

When I'm discussing something like 120 cars it's against the TeslaFi base of ~ 15K cars.

Even thousands of cars against what half million plus isn't significant. It also still doesn't explain why they're being pushed at all, or at least so slow when the focus currently seems to get (most) everyone else is being migrated to a lower version.

If those 120, err "thousands" were Plaids, non radar cars, radar cars, etc it would make more sense. But the sample is reasonably spread over the fleet.

Not that life ever, or always makes sense.
:cool:

Upvote 0
Just updated to 2021.32.5. Had an issue trying to get out of the car this morning. Kept pushing the open button and nothing happened. After about a min or two, door finally opened. Beside for that, new child lock feature is cool (have two little kiddos in the back that loves to push buttons, including mine). Can’t tell much difference with the new adaptive suspension algorithm. Still need noise canceling.

Upvote 0