Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd behavior after failed software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an interesting experience with the car last night after it was parked overnight in the garage. On Friday, I had charged it up to max and then left home on a long round trip with the family. We were out and back without needing any supercharger stops, though the baby forced a couple of them, but that's another story.

On Saturday night, I noted a couple of things when I started the car - the obvious thing being the failed update message on the screen. While driving out, I noticed that - none of the proximity warning sounds are heard. It usually reports a bunch of beeps as I back out past the garage door. But nothing this time, even though the dash display shows the sensors registering.

Later, I came back with just ~4 miles less than my usual daily charging maximum. At the scheduled charge start time, It stops charging within a minute saying that it's fully charged. The charge bar shows that it's not yet reached the daily charging limit, and yet it doesn't charge right up to that point. It's not the case that the car doesn't charge at all - it does continue to charge if I set the charge limit to 100% . It just won't do so from ~88% to the 90% daily limit. I'm guessing this has to do with the colder weather, but this is my first winter with the car.