Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd behavior from auto cruise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I’ve got FSD but not the surface streets beta.

In cruise mode on a surface street I have noticed some weirdness in a specific scenario. There are several “pedestrian crossing lights” on a main route here. These are similar to regular lights but then only have two lamps and they are horizontal. They are always off unless triggers by a button by a ped.

So the weird part is when on cruise the car doesn’t say it’s going to stop for a an intersection but as i get closerstarts slowing down. And i have to press the go pedal for it to keep going. The “resume” press on the lever doesn’t do anything.

i’m not sure if would come to a full stop if I didn’t press the pedal because I didn’t want to stop in the street for no reason.

Other than that cruise on streets is pretty damned great! Didn’t realize I could just pull the right lever down at a light to get going again.

Any thoughts?

TIA.

Pic from early drive this am.

Attachments

• 24333B54-6F49-49B4-B6B0-0EB97E63A225.jpeg
    24333B54-6F49-49B4-B6B0-0EB97E63A225.jpeg
    329.8 KB · Views: 41
Do you have the ‘stop for traffic lights’ option enabled? My guess is it’s getting confused and thinks they are stoplights.

we have lights on freeway entrance ramps that blink yellow most of the time and they confuse my car