Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd charging behaviour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was set to charge to 80% which it achieved probably not long after midnight. Then at 7am my teslafi schedule put the target down to 50%, as I have it do most days. Then, strangely, at 7.07am the car started charging again. Target SoC still showing as 50% but the car charged up to 87%, then stopped. There's nothing else in the teslafi scheduler log and the car isn't set for scheduled departure.

12kw charger power is unusual too; this one normally shows 17/18kw.

Screenshot_20200225-131406_Chrome.jpg

Seems odd to me. Any obvious explanations?

• Love
Reactions: phillcom3
Adding 'Charger Pilot Current' to TeslaFi column is a useful additional field. Don't think it helps here though other than the 12/17kW discrepancy.

But there are a few oddities.

your inside temperature is rising, your park state is constantly toggling, so its as if something else is drawing power on the car even though nothing obviously heating the car = but I suspect it is.

If you had schedule depart/climate on set for 07:45, I would understand it - it would pre heat cabin from mains not from battery hence charge state.

apologies if some of that doesn't make sense, just had to edit after noticing that your chronological order is reverse of mine.

My car was set to charge to 80% which it achieved probably not long after midnight. Then at 7am my teslafi schedule put the target down to 50%, as I have it do most days. Then, strangely, at 7.07am the car started charging again. Target SoC still showing as 50% but the car charged up to 87%, then stopped. There's nothing else in the teslafi scheduler log and the car isn't set for scheduled departure.

12kw charger power is unusual too; this one normally shows 17/18kw.

View attachment 515012

Seems odd to me. Any obvious explanations?
How do you view it like this?