Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odd cleaning question - Passenger speaker grill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the kid managed to mash some mud into the front passenger speaker grill. I tried picking it out with a pin but its still there. This is the pic after I tried several ways of cleaning it. Doesnt look big in the picture but its pretty noticeable inside.

IMG_5114.jpg

Has anyone removed the grill cover and can you give me some advice? Its bugging me!

If only my dogs were so calm!

Hey, the Model S is too good a car not to drive people around in. Or dogs...
View attachment 83706

- - - Updated - - -

If it's not too late...

It is fairly easy to pull the grille off and then you can get a good cleaning. Pull from the bottom gently, but firmly and keep pulling until the snap lets go. It sounds bad, but it pulls right off. Best is to use a spudger if you have one or a screw driver wrapped in cloth. Once you get the first snap. The rest are a lot easier. The grille has a fairly robust plastic frame. So if you are careful, there is little risk of warping it.

I think the kid managed to mash some mud into the front passenger speaker grill. I tried picking it out with a pin but its still there. This is the pic after I tried several ways of cleaning it. Doesnt look big in the picture but its pretty noticeable inside.

View attachment 83613
Has anyone removed the grill cover and can you give me some advice? Its bugging me!

Did the toothbrush work for you?

It helped but not 100%:
IMG_5140.jpg

Im going to try pulling off the grill with the instructions @CHG-ON provided next.

- - - Updated - - -

If it's not too late...

It is fairly easy to pull the grille off and then you can get a good cleaning. Pull from the bottom gently, but firmly and keep pulling until the snap lets go. It sounds bad, but it pulls right off. Best is to use a spudger if you have one or a screw driver wrapped in cloth. Once you get the first snap. The rest are a lot easier. The grille has a fairly robust plastic frame. So if you are careful, there is little risk of warping it.

Thanks, going to try that next! Just needed a strategy

I popped it off, there are 4 clips, none broke. I started at the bottom and worked up as suggested. The grill isn't completely mesh through and the area with the dirt has a back so it didnt help as much as I would have thought to take it off. But I was more comfortable giving the area a good soak when I saw what was in the dirt area so I did that and it helped. With the grill on I wasn't sure where the speaker stopped and was afraid of soaking something related to the speaker that was needed. Pics below.

Thanks everyone for your help.
IMG_5449.jpg
IMG_5450.jpg
IMG_5448.jpg